Table of Contents
The Detroit Lions (2-1) square off against a fellow NFC North foe when they visit the Green Bay Packers (2-1) on Thursday, September 28, 2023 at Lambeau Field.
The Lions are totaling 381.3 yards per game on offense this season (eighth in NFL), and they are giving up 297.3 yards per game (11th) on defense. From an offensive standpoint, the Packers are compiling 297.7 total yards per contest (22nd-ranked). They rank 15th in the NFL on the other side of the ball (336.3 total yards allowed per game).
Lions vs. Packers Picks
Splash Inc. users think the Lions will win straight up and cover against the Packers, with 63.2% of users picking them to win and 63.9% picking them to cover the 2-point spread on Thursday.
Game Info: Lions vs. Packers
- Game Day: Thursday, September 28, 2023
- Game Time: 8:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: Amazon Prime Video
- Location: Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Stadium: Lambeau Field
Read the betting insights and trends below before making a wager on Thursday’s Detroit-Green Bay spread (Detroit -2) or total (45 points).
Game Trends for Lions
- The Lions are 2-1-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as at least 2-point favorites this season, the Lions are 1-1 against the spread.
- In the Lions’ three games with a set total, one has hit the over (33.3%).
Stats & Insights for Lions
- The Lions rank eighth in total offense (381.3 yards per game) and 11th in total defense (297.3 yards allowed per game) this season.
- The Lions are totaling 24 points per game on offense this year (12th in NFL), and they are giving up 21 points per game (15th) on defense.
- The Lions rank seventh in pass offense (269.7 passing yards per game) and 19th in pass defense (225.3 passing yards allowed per game) this year.
- Defensively, the Lions have been a top-five unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking fifth-best by giving up just 72 per game. They rank 11th on offense (111.7 rushing yards per game).
- From an offensive standpoint, the Lions rank 19th in the NFL with a 37.5% third-down conversion rate. Meanwhile, they rank 13th in third-down conversion rate allowed (35.9%).
- The Lions are gaining 5.8 yards per play (eighth in the league), while surrendering 5 per play on the defensive side of the ball (ninth in the NFL) this season.
- The Lions have forced two total turnovers (22nd in NFL) this season and have turned it over five times (21st in NFL) for a turnover margin of -3, 24th-ranked in the NFL.
Best Players for Lions
- Jared Goff: 819 PASS YDS / 273 YPG / 69.9% / 5 TD / 2 INT
- David Montgomery: 37 CAR / 141 YDS / 70.5 YPG / 2 TD / 1 REC / 7 YDS / 3.5 YPG / 0 TD
- Jahmyr Gibbs: 31 CAR / 139 YDS / 46.3 YPG / 0 TD / 10 REC / 59 YDS / 19.7 YPG / 0 TD
- Amon-Ra St. Brown: 21 REC / 275 YDS / 91.7 YPG / 1 TD
- Sam LaPorta: 18 REC / 186 YDS / 62 YPG / 1 TD
- Josh Reynolds: 9 REC / 146 YDS / 73 YPG / 2 TD
- Jerry Jacobs: 20 TKL
Game Trends for Packers
- The Packers’ ATS record is 3-0-0 this season.
- The Packers are 1-0 against the spread so far this season when playing as at least 2-point underdogs.
- Two of the Packers’ three games with a set total have hit the over (66.7%).
Stats & Insights for Packers
- The Packers are accumulating 297.7 total yards per game on offense this season (22nd-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering 336.3 total yards per game (15th-ranked).
- With 26.7 points per game on offense, the Packers rank eighth in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 13th, giving up 20.7 points per contest.
- The Packers are putting up 207.3 passing yards per contest on offense this season (18th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up 199.7 passing yards per contest (10th-ranked) on defense.
- The Packers are posting 90.3 rushing yards per contest on offense this season (23rd-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering 136.7 rushing yards per game (27th-ranked) on defense.
- The Packers’ third-down defense ranks seventh in the NFL with a 31% third-down conversion percentage allowed, but they’ve been bolstered by their offense, which ranks fifth-best by compiling a 46.5% third-down rate.
- The Packers are accumulating 5.2 yards per play on offense this season (18th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering 5.1 yards per play (10th-ranked) on defense.
- The Packers have recorded three forced turnovers (19th in NFL) and committed one turnover (first in NFL) this season for a +2 turnover margin that ranks ninth in the NFL.
Best Players for Packers
- Jordan Love: 655 PASS YDS / 218.3 YPG / 53.1% / 7 TD / 1 INT / 14 CAR / 74 RUSH YDS / 1 TD
- A.J. Dillon: 39 CAR / 107 YDS / 35.7 YPG / 0 TD / 3 REC / 25 YDS / 8.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Jayden Reed: 9 REC / 148 YDS / 49.3 YPG / 2 TD
- Romeo Doubs: 11 REC / 129 YDS / 43 YPG / 3 TD
- Luke Musgrave: 11 REC / 124 YDS / 41.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Quay Walker: 28 TKL / 1 TFL / 1 INT / 2 PD