Table of Contents
The Pittsburgh Steelers (2-1) and the Houston Texans (1-2) square off at NRG Stadium on Sunday, October 1, 2023.
The Steelers rank 22nd in scoring offense (18.7 points per game) and 19th in scoring defense (23.3 points allowed per game) this season. The Texans are accumulating 341 total yards per contest on offense this season (14th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering 340.7 total yards per game (16th-ranked).
Steelers vs. Texans Picks
Splash Inc. users think the Steelers will win straight up and also cover against the Texans, with 80.9% of users picking them to win and 60.8% picking them to cover the 2.5-point spread on Sunday.
Game Info: Steelers vs. Texans
- Game Day: Sunday, October 1, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Stadium: NRG Stadium
Before you wager on Sunday’s Pittsburgh-Houston spread (Pittsburgh -2.5) or total (42.5 points), read the betting insights and trends below.
Game Trends for Steelers
- The Steelers is 2-1-0 against the spread this season.
- One of the Steelers’ three games with a set total has hit the over (33.3%).
Stats & Insights for Steelers
- With 387 yards allowed per game on defense, which ranks fifth-worst in the NFL, the Steelers have had to rely on their 27th-ranked offense (275.7 yards per contest) to keep them in games.
- The Steelers are totaling 18.7 points per game on offense, which ranks them 22nd in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 19th, giving up 23.3 points per contest.
- The Steelers are averaging 208.7 passing yards per game on offense (17th in the NFL), and they rank 22nd on the other side of the ball with 235.3 passing yards allowed per game.
- The Steelers rank third-worst in rushing offense (67 rushing yards per game) and third-worst in rushing defense (151.7 rushing yards per game allowed) this year.
- Offensively, the Steelers rank 26th in the NFL with a 34.1% third-down percentage. Meanwhile, they rank 12th in third-down conversion rate allowed (35.7%).
- This season, the Steelers are accumulating 5.1 yards per play (20th in the league), while surrendering 5.8 per play on the defensive side of the ball (26th in the NFL).
- With eight forced turnovers (second in NFL) against four turnovers committed (15th in NFL), the Steelers’ +4 turnover margin is the third-best in the league.
Best Players for Steelers
- Kenny Pickett: 689 PASS YDS / 229.7 YPG / 59.6% / 4 TD / 3 INT
- Najee Harris: 35 CAR / 139 YDS / 46.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Jaylen Warren: 17 CAR / 55 YDS / 18.3 YPG / 0 TD / 12 REC / 101 YDS / 33.7 YPG / 0 TD
- George Pickens: 13 REC / 238 YDS / 79.3 YPG / 1 TD
- Calvin Austin III: 9 REC / 119 YDS / 39.7 YPG / 1 TD
- Kwon Alexander: 24 TKL / 1 TFL
Game Trends for Texans
- The Texans are 1-2-0 against the spread this season.
- When they have played as at least 2.5-point underdogs this year, the Texans are 1-1 against the spread.
- The Texans have hit the over in two of three games with a set total (66.7%).
Stats & Insights for Texans
- The Texans rank 14th with 341 total yards per game on offense, and they rank 16th with 340.7 total yards ceded per game on defense.
- The Texans are posting 22 points per game on offense this season (18th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are allowing 24.3 points per contest (22nd-ranked) on defense.
- From an offensive standpoint, the Texans are accumulating 271 passing yards per contest (sixth-ranked). They rank 17th in the NFL defensively (223.3 passing yards surrendered per game).
- The Texans’ rushing offense has been bottom-five this season, putting up 70 rushing yards per game, which ranks fifth-worst in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 17th with 117.3 rushing yards surrendered per contest.
- The Texans’ third-down defense ranks 27th in the NFL with a 47.5% third-down conversion percentage given up, but they’ve been carried by their offense, which ranks fourth-best by compiling a 48.1% third-down rate.
- The Texans are accumulating 5.4 yards per play on offense this season (14th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up 5.7 yards per play (21st-ranked) on defense.
- With four forced turnovers (13th in NFL) and two turnovers committed (sixth in NFL) this season, the Texans rank ninth in the NFL with a turnover margin of +2.
Best Players for Texans
- C.J. Stroud: 906 PASS YDS / 302 YPG / 64.5% / 4 TD / 0 INT / 10 CAR / 35 RUSH YDS / 0 TD
- Dameon Pierce: 40 CAR / 100 YDS / 33.3 YPG / 1 TD / 7 REC / 41 YDS / 13.7 YPG / 0 TD
- Devin Singletary: 20 CAR / 70 YDS / 23.3 YPG / 0 TD / 3 REC / 14 YDS / 4.7 YPG / 0 TD
- Nico Collins: 15 REC / 260 YDS / 86.7 YPG / 1 TD
- Nathaniel Dell: 15 REC / 251 YDS / 83.7 YPG / 2 TD
- Robert Woods: 15 REC / 165 YDS / 55 YPG / 0 TD
- Henry To’o To’o: 20 TKL / 1 PD