Table of Contents
NFC South opponents meet when the New Orleans Saints (2-1) and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-1) play on Sunday, October 1, 2023 at Caesars Superdome.
The Saints are putting up 314.7 yards per game on offense, which ranks them 20th in the NFL. Defensively, they rank ninth, allowing 288 yards per game. In terms of total offense, the Buccaneers rank 25th in the NFL (284.3 total yards per game) and 22nd defensively (359 total yards allowed per game).
Saints vs. Buccaneers Picks
Splash Inc. users project the Saints will win straight up against the Buccaneers on Sunday, with 62.3% of users picking them to emerge with a victory. But 54.6% of users are picking the Buccaneers to cover the 3-point spread.
Game Info: Saints vs. Buccaneers
- Game Day: Sunday, October 1, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
- Stadium: Caesars Superdome
Read these betting trends and insights before you wager on Sunday’s New Orleans-Tampa Bay spread (New Orleans -3) or total (39.5 points).
Game Trends for Saints
- The Saints have not covered the spread in a game yet this season (0-2-1).
- The Saints have not yet covered the spread as favorites of 3 points or more this season (0-0-1).
- The Saints have not hit the over on a point total in three games with a set over/under.
Stats & Insights for Saints
- The Saints are compiling 314.7 yards per game on offense (20th in NFL), and they rank ninth defensively with 288 yards allowed per game.
- The Saints are putting up 17.7 points per game on offense (25th in NFL), and they rank sixth on the other side of the ball with 16.7 points allowed per game.
- On offense, the Saints rank 15th in the NFL with 221.3 passing yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank eighth in passing yards allowed per contest (188.3).
- The Saints are putting up 93.3 rushing yards per game on offense (21st in the NFL), and they rank 10th on defense with 99.7 rushing yards allowed per game.
- The Saints are averaging a 39.1% third-down conversion rate on offense this year (16th in NFL), and they are giving up a 31.8% third-down conversion rate (ninth) on the defensive side of the ball.
- The Saints are giving up 4.9 yards per play on the defensive side of the ball (sixth in the NFL), while gaining 5.2 per play (18th in the league) on offense this season.
- The Saints have forced five total turnovers (seventh in NFL) this season and have turned it over three times (11th in NFL) for a turnover margin of +2, ninth-ranked in the league.
Best Players for Saints
- Jameis Winston: 101 PASS YDS / 101 YPG / 62.5% / 0 TD / 0 INT
- Taysom Hill: 16 CAR / 91 YDS / 30.3 YPG / 0 TD / 2 REC / 8 YDS / 2.7 YPG / 0 TD
- Tony Jones Jr.: 21 CAR / 70 YDS / 23.3 YPG / 2 TD / 4 REC / 21 YDS / 7 YPG / 0 TD
- Chris Olave: 22 REC / 302 YDS / 100.7 YPG / 0 TD
- Michael Thomas: 18 REC / 166 YDS / 55.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Rashid Shaheed: 9 REC / 152 YDS / 50.7 YPG / 1 TD
- Pete Werner: 26 TKL / 0.5 SACK
Game Trends for Buccaneers
- The Buccaneers is 2-1-0 against the spread this season.
- The Buccaneers have a 1-1 record against the spread when an underdog by 3 points or more this season.
- One of the Buccaneers’ three games with a set total has hit the over (33.3%).
Stats & Insights for Buccaneers
- The Buccaneers rank 25th with 284.3 total yards per game on offense, and they rank 22nd with 359 total yards allowed per game on the defensive side of the ball.
- The Buccaneers rank 19th in the NFL with 19.3 points per game on offense, and they rank ninth with 19.7 points ceded per game on the defensive side of the ball.
- The Buccaneers are accumulating 206.3 passing yards per contest on offense this season (20th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up 256 passing yards per game (24th-ranked) on defense.
- The Buccaneers are posting 78 rushing yards per contest on offense this season (27th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering 103 rushing yards per game (12th-ranked) on defense.
- The Buccaneers have been struggling on third down, ranking third-worst with a 51.2% third-down conversion rate allowed per game. They have been more effective on offense, compiling a 45.2% third-down rate (ninth-ranked).
- The Buccaneers rank 26th in yards per play (4.8), but they’ve been worse on the other side of the ball, fourth-worst in the NFL with 5.9 yards allowed per play.
- The Buccaneers have produced seven forced turnovers this season and have turned it over two times, resulting in a +5 turnover margin, which ranks second-best in the NFL.
Best Players for Buccaneers
- Baker Mayfield: 636 PASS YDS / 212 YPG / 66.7% / 4 TD / 1 INT
- Rachaad White: 48 CAR / 150 YDS / 50 YPG / 1 TD / 10 REC / 64 YDS / 21.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Mike Evans: 17 REC / 297 YDS / 99 YPG / 3 TD
- Chris Godwin: 13 REC / 141 YDS / 47 YPG / 0 TD
- Cade Otton: 9 REC / 76 YDS / 25.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Ryan Neal: 25 TKL / 2 TFL