Table of Contents
The Los Angeles Chargers (1-2) and the Las Vegas Raiders (1-2) square off on Sunday, October 1, 2023 at SoFi Stadium in a battle of AFC West opponents.
The Chargers have struggled on defense, ranking fifth-worst in the NFL (29 points allowed per game) this season. However, they rank fifth-best on offense, putting up 28.7 points per game. With 287.7 total yards per game on offense, the Raiders rank 24th in the NFL in 2023. On defense, they rank 18th, giving up 347.7 total yards per game.
Chargers vs. Raiders Picks
Splash Inc. users project the Raiders will win straight up as underdogs and cover against the Chargers, with 13.8% of users picking them to win and 32.1% picking them to cover the 5-point spread on Sunday.
Game Info: Chargers vs. Raiders
- Game Day: Sunday, October 1, 2023
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Inglewood, California
- Stadium: SoFi Stadium
Before you bet on Sunday’s Los Angeles-Las Vegas spread (Los Angeles -5) or total (48.5 points), take a look at the betting insights and trends below.
Game Trends for Chargers
- The Chargers are 1-2-0 against the spread this season.
- Los Angeles has gone over in two of three games with a set total (66.7%).
Stats & Insights for Chargers
- While the Chargers rank second-worst in the NFL in total defense with 450.7 yards allowed per game, it’s been a different story offensively, as they rank second-best in the NFL (416.7 yards per game).
- The Chargers have struggled on defense, ranking fifth-worst in the NFL (29 points allowed per game) this season. However, they rank fifth-best on offense, averaging 28.7 points per game.
- While the Chargers rank worst in the NFL in passing defense with 337 passing yards allowed per game, it’s been a different situation offensively, as they rank third-best in the NFL (308.7 passing yards per game).
- The Chargers rank 13th in run offense (108 rushing yards per game) and 15th in run defense (113.7 rushing yards allowed per game) this season.
- The Chargers rank 15th in third-down efficiency (40%) on offense and 18th in third-down percentage allowed (38.9%) on defense this year.
- The Chargers have the third-best offense this season in terms of yards per play (6.4), but they rank second-worst on the defensive side of the ball (6.9 yards per play allowed).
- The Chargers have the seventh-ranked turnover margin in the league at +3, forcing four turnovers (13th in NFL) while turning it over one time (first in NFL).
Best Players for Chargers
- Justin Herbert: 939 PASS YDS / 313 YPG / 74.4% / 6 TD / 0 INT
- Joshua Kelley: 40 CAR / 142 YDS / 47.3 YPG / 1 TD / 1 REC / 5 YDS / 1.7 YPG / 0 TD
- Austin Ekeler: 16 CAR / 117 YDS / 117 YPG / 1 TD / 4 REC / 47 YDS / 47 YPG / 0 TD
- Keenan Allen: 32 REC / 402 YDS / 134 YPG / 2 TD
- Gerald Everett: 11 REC / 98 YDS / 32.7 YPG / 0 TD
- Josh Palmer: 8 REC / 83 YDS / 27.7 YPG / 1 TD
- Derwin James: 24 TKL / 1 TFL / 2 PD
Game Trends for Raiders
- The Raiders is 1-2-0 against the spread this year.
- The Raiders are 0-1 against the spread when an underdog by 5 points or greater this year.
- In Raiders three games with a set total, one has hit the over (33.3%).
Stats & Insights for Raiders
- In terms of total offense, the Raiders rank 24th in the NFL (287.7 total yards per game) and 18th on defense (347.7 total yards allowed per game).
- The Raiders rank fourth-worst in points per game (15), but they’ve been better on the other side of the ball, ranking 24th in the NFL with 25.7 points surrendered per contest.
- The Raiders rank 14th in the NFL with 226 passing yards per contest on offense, and they rank 15th with 220.3 passing yards given up per contest on the defensive side of the ball.
- The Raiders’ rushing offense has been bottom-five this season, generating 61.7 rushing yards per game, which ranks worst in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 21st with 127.3 rushing yards conceded per contest.
- The Raiders rank 17th in the NFL with a 38.7% third-down conversion rate on offense, and 26th with a 46.2% third-down percentage allowed on defense.
- The Raiders rank 11th in the NFL with 5.6 yards per play on offense, and they rank 16th with 5.6 yards given up per play on the defensive side of the ball.
- The Raiders have a bottom-five turnover margin this season, second-worst at -7.
Best Players for Raiders
- Jimmy Garoppolo: 709 PASS YDS / 236.3 YPG / 68.1% / 5 TD / 6 INT
- Josh Jacobs: 45 CAR / 108 YDS / 36 YPG / 0 TD / 10 REC / 92 YDS / 30.7 YPG / 0 TD
- Tre Tucker: 1 CAR / 34 YDS / 34 YPG / 0 TD
- Davante Adams: 25 REC / 322 YDS / 107.3 YPG / 3 TD
- Jakobi Meyers: 16 REC / 166 YDS / 83 YPG / 2 TD
- Robert Spillane: 28 TKL / 2 TFL / 1 SACK