Table of Contents
The Los Angeles Dodgers (99-61) are seeking win No. 100 of the season when they square off against the San Francisco Giants (78-82) at Oracle Park on Saturday at 9:05 PM ET. The Dodgers are favored (-173) against the underdog Giants (+146). Los Angeles has Clayton Kershaw starting, and San Francisco counters with Tristan Beck.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Dodgers vs. Giants
- Game Day: Saturday, September 30, 2023
- Game Time: 9:05 PM ET
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Stadium: Oracle Park
How Do I Watch the Dodgers vs. the Giants?
- TV Channel: NBCS-BA
Dodgers Stats & Trends
- The Dodgers rank second in baseball with 248 home runs. They average 1.6 per game.
- Los Angeles has the sixth-best batting average in MLB (.258).
- The Dodgers rank second in MLB with an on-base percentage of .341.
- Los Angeles’ 8.4 strikeouts per game rank 11th in the majors.
- The Dodgers average 1.5 home runs per game when playing on the road this season (118 total in road outings).
- Los Angeles has a .455 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.7 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- The club averages 9.2 hits per game and is batting .260 away from home this season.
Dodgers Key Batters
- Freddie Freeman leads Los Angeles OPS (.992) this season. He has a .337 batting average, an on-base percentage of .415, and a slugging percentage of .577.
- Among all qualified hitters in the majors, he is second in batting average, first in on-base percentage, and sixth in slugging.
- Mookie Betts leads Los Angeles with 177 hits. He is batting .306 this season and has 80 extra-base hits. He’s also slugging .581 with an on-base percentage of .407.
- Among qualifying hitters, he ranks seventh in batting average, sixth in on-base percentage and fifth in slugging percentage.
- Max Muncy has collected 101 base hits, an OBP of .335 and a slugging percentage of .478 this season.
- Will Smith has been key for Los Angeles with 119 hits, an OBP of .357 plus a slugging percentage of .437.
- Smith heads into this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .167 with a home run, a walk and four RBI.
Giants Stats & Trends
- The Giants have hit 171 homers this season, which ranks 19th in the league.
- San Francisco has a team batting average of just .236 this season, which ranks 27th among MLB teams.
- The Giants have an on-base percentage of .313 this season, which ranks 22nd in the league.
- San Francisco ranks 24th in strikeouts per game (9.2) among MLB offenses.
- In 79 games at home this season, they’ve hit 78 homers, an average of 1 per contest.
- In 79 home games this season, it is slugging .385 with 209 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 7.8 base hits per game and batting .240 as a team at home this season.
Giants Key Batters
- Wilmer Flores is hitting .284 with 22 doubles, 23 home runs and 41 walks. He’s slugging .510 with an on-base percentage of .355.
- LaMonte Wade Jr paces his team with 110 hits and a .376 OBP. He has a batting average of .259 while slugging .421.
- Including all qualified hitters, he ranks 73rd in batting average, 12th in on-base percentage and 86th in slugging percentage.
- Thairo Estrada has a slugging percentage of .420, a team-best for the Giants.
- Joc Pederson has 14 doubles, three triples, 15 home runs and 57 walks while batting .234.
Dodgers vs. Giants Probable Pitchers
|Clayton Kershaw (LAD)||Pitcher||Tristan Beck (SF)|
|13 – 4||W/L||3 – 3|
Dodgers vs. Giants Injury Updates
- Dodgers: Jonny Deluca: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Yency Almonte: 15 Day IL (Knee), Wander Suero: 15 Day IL (Back), Tony Gonsolin: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Dustin May: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Gus Varland: 60 Day IL (Knee), Daniel Hudson: 60 Day IL (Knee), Tyler Cyr: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jake Marisnick: 60 Day IL (Hamstring), Jimmy Nelson: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Walker Buehler: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Álex Reyes: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), J.P. Feyereisen: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Blake Treinen: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Gavin Lux: 60 Day IL (Knee)
- Giants: J.D. Davis: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Brandon Crawford: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Mitch Haniger: 10 Day IL (Back), Alex Cobb: 15 Day IL (Hip), Scott Alexander: 15 Day IL (Hamstring), Jakob Junis: 15 Day IL (Cervical strain), Anthony DeSclafani: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Mark Mathias: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Roberto Pérez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Cole Waites: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Thomas Szapucki: 60 Day IL (Arm), Kyle Harrison: day-to-day (Illness)