Table of Contents
Spencer Strider will attempt to collect his 20th victory of the campaign when the Atlanta Braves (103-57) host the Washington Nationals (70-90) at Truist Park on Saturday at 7:20 PM ET. The Braves are favored in the matchup (-365) against the Nationals (+287). Atlanta’s Strider starts against Washington’s Joan Adon.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Braves vs. Nationals
- Game Day: Saturday, September 30, 2023
- Game Time: 7:20 PM ET
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Truist Park
How Do I Watch the Braves vs. the Nationals?
- TV Channel: BSSE
Braves Stats & Trends
- The Atlanta Braves lead the league with 304 total home runs, averaging 1.9 per game.
- Atlanta has an MLB-leading .276 batting average.
- The Braves have a league-high .344 on-base percentage.
- Atlanta strikes out 8.0 times per game, the sixth-fewest average in baseball.
- The Braves average 1.9 homers per home game this season (148 total at home).
- Atlanta is averaging 3.8 extra-base hits per game while slugging .509 at home.
- At home this season the team averages 9.4 hits per game and is batting .280.
Braves Key Batters
- Ronald Acuna Jr. has an OPS of 1.009, fueled by an OBP of .414 to go with a slugging percentage of .595. He has a .336 batting average, as well.
- Among qualifying batters, he is third in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks second, and he is fourth in slugging.
- Acuna has picked up at least one hit in 13 games in a row. During his last 10 games he is batting .333 with two doubles, a triple, four home runs and eight RBI.
- Matt Olson leads Atlanta with 170 hits. He is batting .282 this season and has 84 extra-base hits. He’s also slugging .605 with an on-base percentage of .389.
- Among all qualified hitters, he ranks 18th in batting average, 10th in on-base percentage and third in slugging percentage.
- Olson heads into this game looking to extend his six-game hit streak. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .333 with a double, two home runs, seven walks and eight RBI.
- Ozzie Albies is batting .279 with a .515 slugging percentage and 108 RBI this year.
- Austin Riley is batting .281 with a .346 OBP and 98 RBI for Atlanta this season.
Nationals Stats & Trends
- The Nationals have hit just 151 homers this season, which ranks 29th in the league.
- Washington has a team batting average of .253 this season, which ranks 12th among MLB teams.
- The Nationals have the 22nd-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.313).
- Washington has shown good bat-to-ball skills at the plate this season with the second-best strikeout rate (7.1 per game) among MLB offenses.
- In 79 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 80 homers, an average of 1.0 per contest.
- Washington has a team slugging percentage of .384 in away games this season with 221 extra-base hits.
- In 79 road games this season, they have a batting average of .241 while averaging 8.3 base hits per contest.
Nationals Key Batters
- Lane Thomas has accumulated 164 hits, a team-best for the Nationals. He’s batting .266 and slugging .468 with an on-base percentage of .314.
- Including all qualifying hitters, he ranks 53rd in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 102nd and he is 45th in slugging.
- C.J. Abrams is batting .243 with 27 doubles, six triples, 18 home runs and 32 walks. He’s slugging .411 with an on-base percentage of .298.
- His batting average ranks 109th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage is 124th, and he is 97th in slugging.
- Joey Meneses has put up a .323 on-base percentage and a .403 slugging percentage, both team-best numbers for the Nationals.
- Keibert Ruiz is batting .257 with 22 doubles, 18 home runs and 31 walks.
Braves vs. Nationals Probable Pitchers
|Spencer Strider (ATL)||Pitcher||Joan Adon (WSH)|
|19 – 5||W/L||2 – 4|
Braves vs. Nationals Injury Updates
- Braves: Charlie Morton: 15 Day IL (Finger), Max Fried: 15 Day IL (Finger blister), Collin McHugh: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Yonny Chirinos: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Nick Anderson: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Mike Soroka: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Dylan Lee: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Daysbel Hernández: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Kolby Allard: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Sam Hilliard: 60 Day IL (Heel), Huascar Ynoa: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tyler Matzek: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Nationals: Travis Blankenhorn: 10 Day IL (Foot), MacKenzie Gore: 15 Day IL (Finger), Jake Irvin: 15 Day IL (Ankle), Carl Edwards Jr.: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Riley Adams: 60 Day IL (Wrist), Victor Robles: 60 Day IL (Back), Stone Garrett: 60 Day IL (Leg), Stephen Strasburg: 60 Day IL (Ribs/shoulder), Cade Cavalli: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Victor Arano: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)