Table of Contents
Ha-Seong Kim leads the San Diego Padres (81-80) into a contest against the Chicago White Sox (61-100) a game after he collected four hits in a 6-1 win over the White Sox. The Padres are moneyline favorites (-177) against the White Sox (+150) in this outing, which starts at 3:10 PM ET on Sunday. San Diego’s Pedro Avila and Chicago’s Jose Urena will take the mound first.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Padres vs. White Sox
- Game Day: Sunday, October 1, 2023
- Game Time: 3:10 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Guaranteed Rate Field
How Do I Watch the Padres vs. the White Sox?
- TV Channel: NBCS-CHI
Padres Stats & Trends
- The Padres are 13th in MLB play with 205 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- San Diego ranks 19th in MLB with a .244 batting average.
- The Padres are seventh in baseball with an on-base percentage of .329.
- San Diego strikes out 8.1 times per game, the eighth-best average in the majors.
- The Padres average 1.3 homers per road game this season (107 total away from home).
- San Diego has a .410 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.1 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The team is batting .239 with 657 hits (8.2 per game) on the road this season.
Padres Key Batters
- Juan Soto has 156 hits and an OBP of .409, both of which are tops among San Diego hitters this season. He has a .275 batting average and a slugging percentage of .519.
- Among the qualifying batters in the majors, his batting average ranks 33rd, his on-base percentage ranks fifth, and he is 12th in slugging.
- Soto has recorded a base hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .316 with a double, two home runs, four walks and four RBI.
- Fernando Tatis Jr. is hitting .260 with 33 doubles, a triple, 25 home runs and 53 walks. He’s slugging .451 with an on-base percentage of .324.
- Among qualified hitters, his batting average places him 70th, his on-base percentage 78th, and his slugging percentage 62nd.
- Xander Bogaerts leads San Diego in slugging percentage (.439) powered by 52 extra-base hits.
- Bogaerts enters this matchup with seven games in a row with at least one hit. In his last 10 games he is batting .357 with two doubles, a triple, a home run, two walks and seven RBI.
- Manny Machado has been key for San Diego with 140 hits, an OBP of .319 plus a slugging percentage of .462.
- Machado has hit safely in five straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .500 with two home runs, a walk and seven RBI.
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox’s 171 home runs rank 20th in Major League Baseball.
- Chicago ranks 26th in MLB with a team batting average of just .238.
- The White Sox have an OBP of just .292 this season, which ranks last in MLB.
- Chicago ranks 18th in strikeouts per game (8.7) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 83 homers, an average of 1 per game, in 80 home contests this season.
- In 80 home games this season, it is slugging .385 with 214 hits going for extra bases.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .241 with 8.1 base hits per contest.
White Sox Key Batters
- Andrew Vaughn has 30 doubles, two triples, 21 home runs and 36 walks while hitting .260. He’s slugging .433 with an on-base percentage of .316.
- He is 70th in batting average, 99th in on-base percentage and 77th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters in MLB.
- Andrew Benintendi has a .326 OBP while slugging .356. Both are team-highs. He has a batting average of .262.
- He is currently 65th in batting average, 70th in on-base percentage and 128th in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters.
- Eloy Jimenez has 23 doubles, 18 home runs and 30 walks while hitting .270.
- Elvis Andrus is hitting .255 with 20 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 25 walks.
Padres vs. White Sox Probable Pitchers
|Pedro Avila (SD)||Pitcher||José Ureña (CHW)|
|2 – 2||W/L||0 – 7|
Padres vs. White Sox Injury Updates
- Padres: Jake Cronenworth: 10 Day IL (Wrist), Luis Campusano: 10 Day IL (Ankle), Matt Carpenter: 10 Day IL (Elbow), Yu Darvish: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Steven Wilson: 15 Day IL (Hip), Joe Musgrove: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Drew Carlton: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tim Hill: 60 Day IL (Finger), Reiss Knehr: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Alek Jacob: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Gary Sánchez: 60 Day IL (Wrist), Drew Pomeranz: 60 Day IL (Elbow/flexor)
- White Sox: Luis Robert: 10 Day IL (Knee), Michael Kopech: 15 Day IL (Knee), Gregory Santos: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Jesse Scholtens: 15 Day IL (Calf), Liam Hendriks: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Jimmy Lambert: 60 Day IL (Ankle), Romy Gonzalez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Matt Foster: 60 Day IL (Forearm)