Table of Contents
The Chicago Cubs (83-78) and the Milwaukee Brewers (91-70) meet on Sunday at 3:10 PM ET to break a 1-1 series tie. The Cubs are favored (-113) to win the contest against the Brewers (-108). Justin Steele starts for Chicago, and Adrian Houser is Milwaukee’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cubs vs. Brewers
- Game Day: Sunday, October 1, 2023
- Game Time: 3:10 PM ET
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Stadium: American Family Field
How Do I Watch the Cubs vs. the Brewers?
- TV Channel: BSWI
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs are 15th in MLB action with 196 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- Chicago’s .255 batting average is eighth-best in MLB.
- The Cubs are fifth in baseball with a .331 on-base percentage.
- Chicago strikes out 8.6 times per game, the No. 14 mark in MLB.
- The Cubs average 1.2 home runs per game when playing on the road this season (92 total in road contests).
- Chicago is averaging 3.1 extra-base hits per game while slugging .409 away from home.
- The club is batting .249 with 694 hits (8.7 per game) on the road this season.
Cubs Key Batters
- Cody Bellinger has 153 hits, which is tops among Chicago hitters this season, while batting .307 with 56 extra-base hits. He has an on-base percentage of .356 and a slugging percentage of .525.
- Among qualified hitters in the majors, he ranks sixth in batting average, 29th in on-base percentage, and ninth in slugging.
- Nico Hoerner leads Chicago in slugging percentage (.384) thanks to 40 extra-base hits. He’s batting .284 with an on-base percentage of .348.
- Among qualified batters, his batting average places him 18th, his on-base percentage 40th, and his slugging percentage 115th.
- Ian Happ leads Chicago with an OBP of .360 this season while batting .248 with 99 walks and 86 runs scored.
- Happ has logged a hit or more in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .286 with a double, two home runs, a walk and six RBI.
- Seiya Suzuki has 20 home runs, 74 RBI and a batting average of .285 this season.
- Suzuki brings a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .350 with a double, a triple, three walks and four RBI.
Brewers Stats & Trends
- The Brewers rank 24th in Major League Baseball with 164 home runs.
- Milwaukee ranks 23rd in MLB with a .240 team batting average.
- The Brewers have the 17th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.319).
- Milwaukee ranks 16th with an average of 8.7 strikeouts per game.
- In 80 games at home this season, they’ve hit 91 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- In 80 home games this season, it is slugging .407 with 228 hits going for extra bases.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .245 with 8.0 base hits per contest.
Brewers Key Batters
- Christian Yelich has accumulated a team-high .369 on-base percentage. He’s batting .277 and slugging .451.
- Including all qualified players in MLB, his batting average puts him 26th, his on-base percentage is 14th, and he is 62nd in slugging.
- Carlos Santana has 33 doubles, a triple, 23 home runs and 65 walks while hitting .241. He’s slugging .431 with an on-base percentage of .320.
- He is currently 113th in batting average, 91st in on-base percentage and 79th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters.
- William Contreras has put up a slugging percentage of .459 and has 156 hits, both team-high figures for the Brewers.
- Willy Adames is hitting .218 with 29 doubles, two triples, 24 home runs and 70 walks.
Cubs vs. Brewers Probable Pitchers
|Justin Steele (CHC)||Pitcher||Adrian Houser (MIL)|
|16 – 5||W/L||7 – 5|
Cubs vs. Brewers Injury Updates
- Cubs: Nick Madrigal: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Michael Fulmer: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Brad Boxberger: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Brandon Hughes: 60 Day IL (Knee), Nick Burdi: 60 Day IL (Appendicitis), Ethan Roberts: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Codi Heuer: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Nico Hoerner: day-to-day (Knee)
- Brewers: Jesse Winker: 10 Day IL (Back), Elvis Peguero: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Thyago Vieira: 15 Day IL (Calf), J.B. Bukauskas: 15 Day IL (Finger), Darin Ruf: 60 Day IL (Knee), Justin Wilson: 60 Day IL (Lat), Aaron Ashby: 60 Day IL (Labrum)