Table of Contents
The World Series opens with a matchup between the Texas Rangers and the Arizona Diamondbacks at Globe Life Field on Friday, starting at 8:03 PM ET. Texas has Nathan Eovaldi projected to start, while Arizona has not named a starter.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Rangers vs. Diamondbacks
- Game Day: Friday, October 27, 2023
- Game Time: 8:03 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
How Do I Watch the Rangers vs. the Diamondbacks?
- TV Channel: FOX
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers are third-best in baseball with 233 total home runs.
- Texas has the second-best batting average in the majors (.263).
- The Rangers’ .337 on-base percentage ranks third-best in baseball.
- Texas’ 8.7 strikeouts per game rank 17th in MLB.
- The Rangers average 1.8 homers per home game this season (143 total at home).
- Texas has a .495 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.9 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the team averages 9.2 hits per game and is batting .274.
Rangers Key Batters
- Marcus Semien leads Texas in slugging percentage (.478) thanks to 73 extra-base hits. He has a .276 batting average and an on-base percentage of .348.
- He ranks 28th in batting average, 39th in on-base percentage, and 33rd in slugging among all qualifying hitters in the majors.
- Semien hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .200 with four walks.
- Corey Seager has 156 hits and an OBP of .390, both of which lead the Rangers this season. He’s batting .327 and slugging .623.
- His batting average ranks fifth among qualified players, his on-base percentage ninth, and his slugging percentage second.
- Adolis Garcia has 136 hits this season and has a slash line of .245/.328/.508.
- Garcia has recorded at least one base hit in six straight games. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .357 with a double, six home runs and 19 RBI.
- Nate Lowe has been key for Texas with 163 hits, an OBP of .360 plus a slugging percentage of .414.
- Lowe heads into this game on a six-game hitting streak. During his last 10 games he is hitting .231 with a double, three home runs, three walks and five RBI.
Diamondbacks Stats & Trends
- The Diamondbacks have hit 166 homers this season, which ranks 22nd in the league.
- Arizona ranks 13th in MLB with a .250 team batting average.
- The Diamondbacks have an on-base percentage of .322 this season, which ranks 14th in the league.
- Arizona is one of the best teams in baseball at making contact this season, ranking fourth with an average of 7.7 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 1.1 home runs per game in their 81 road contests this season.
- In 81 road games this season, it is slugging .392 with 231 hits going for extra bases.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .241 with 8.2 base hits per contest.
Diamondbacks Key Batters
- Corbin Carroll has accumulated a team-best OBP (.362) and slugging percentage (.506), and leads the Diamondbacks in hits (161, while batting .285).
- Including all the qualified players in the majors, his batting average puts him 15th, his on-base percentage ranks 23rd, and he is 18th in slugging.
- Carroll takes a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with a walk and two RBI.
- Christian Walker is hitting .258 with 36 doubles, two triples, 33 home runs and 62 walks. He’s slugging .497 with an on-base percentage of .333.
- Including all qualified players, he ranks 75th in batting average, 58th in on-base percentage and 23rd in slugging percentage.
- Ketel Marte has 26 doubles, nine triples, 25 home runs and 71 walks while hitting .276.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr. is hitting .261 with 35 doubles, two triples, 24 home runs and 33 walks.
Rangers vs. Diamondbacks Probable Pitchers
|Nathan Eovaldi (TEX)||Pitcher||(ARI)*|
|12 – 5||W/L||–|
Rangers vs. Diamondbacks Injury Updates
- Rangers: Jacob deGrom: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Ian Kennedy: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Brad Miller: 60 Day IL (Hamstring), Brett Martin: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jake Odorizzi: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Mitch Garver: day-to-day (Side)
- Diamondbacks: Scott McGough: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Tommy Henry: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Drey Jameson: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Austin Adams: 60 Day IL (Ankle), Dominic Fletcher: 60 Day IL (Finger), Mark Melancon: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Corbin Martin: 60 Day IL (Lat)