Table of Contents
If you’re like most NFL fans, Sundays are your sacred day of rest. You can plop down on the couch, crack open a beer, and watch your team crushing their opponents. But let’s face it, watching the game alone can be pretty dull. Watching alone in your dark living room is not the ideal way to experience Sunday Night Football. The game was meant to be shared with friends, with plenty of cheering, trash talking, and beer drinking.
The regular season begins in September and runs through December. Each team plays 17 games during this time. The goal of the regular season is to win as many games as possible and secure a spot in the playoffs. The playoffs are a single-elimination tournament that determines the champion of the NFL. seven teams from each conference (NFC and AFC) make the playoffs, with the first seed in each conference receiving a bye to the second round. The playoff system is designed to ensure that only the best teams have a chance to win the Super Bowl, the most significant event in American professional sports.
But what if Sundays (or Monday Night Football viewings) just aren’t as fun as they used to be? Maybe your team isn’t doing so well this season. Or maybe you’re tired of watching the same old football games week after week. If that’s the case, it might be time to spice up your Sunday routine by inviting some friends over for an NFL night. You can all root for your favorite teams and trash talk the ones you don’t like.
If you want to make NFL Sunday Night more fun, make it into an event. So next Sunday, instead of sitting home alone, give your NFL night a little boost by inviting some friends over and putting some party ideas to work. It’ll make the games more enjoyable and help you keep your sanity during football season. With these tips, you’re sure to make NFL Sunday a blast.
Start a Football Pool
- NFL pools are a great way to add some excitement to your Sunday, Monday, and Thursday nights. And with RunYourPool.com, it’s easy to set up and manage your pool. Simply create an account, invite friends, and pick winners. You can even customize your pool, meaning you can show off your football knowledge.
Include Delicious Food
- Monday night football is perfect for breaking out your best game-day recipes. Besides, what would football be without some delicious snacks? And don’t forget those pregame snacks too! Buffalo chicken dip, anyone? DIY nachos? No matter what you’re whipping up in the kitchen, one thing is sure: Monday night football is not complete without some good food. So get your game on and get ready to chow down!
- Watching football is always more fun with a delicious appetizer in hand. But instead of reaching for the same old chips and dip, why not make some snacks specific to the teams playing that night? For example:
- If the New England Patriots are playing, try making some clam chowder with biscuits on the side.
- If the Green Bay Packers are playing, make some cheese curds.
- Try some “Blue Cheese Cowboy Caviar” for the Dallas Cowboys” – blue cheese dressing mixed with diced tomatoes, onions, and peppers.
- If you’re cheering on the Miami Dolphins, try some “Dolphin Dip” – a creamy mixture of sour cream, mayo, and shredded cheddar cheese.
- For the New York Jets, try some “Jets Jambalaya” – a hearty dish made with chicken, sausage, and rice.
Start a Fantasy League
- If you’re looking for a way to add another level of interest to the football fans in your friend group, then getting involved in a fantasy football league is a great option. Not only is it fun to compete against friends and see who knows more about the game, but it’s also a great way to learn more about football if this is your friend’s first time venturing into the NFL.
Make sure to encourage your friends to do their research with reliable sources like RunYourPool.com, ESPN, or CBS Sports so that they aren’t regretting their picks once halftime arrives.
Get Into Your Team’s Spirit
- There’s nothing like watching the big game with a group of friends- especially when everyone is decked out in their favorite team’s gear. Wearing jerseys not only gets everyone into the spirit of the game, but it also makes it more fun to watch. Not to mention, it’s a great way to show support for your team. So whether you’re rooting for the Patriots or the Eagles, make sure to wear your team’s colors proud on game day.
Earn Bragging Rights With NFL History
- Do you know your football trivia? If not, then NFL Night is the perfect time to brush up on your knowledge of the game. Here are some fun facts that will make you sound like a true gridiron expert:
- The first ever NFL game was played in 1936 between the New York Giants and the Boston Redskins.
- The largest margin of victory in an NFL game was 73 points, set in a 1949 matchup between the Los Angeles Rams and the Baltimore Colts.
Impress your friends (and earn yourself bragging rights) with your knowledge of football history with these fun trivia facts.
- Whether you’re rooting for the Patriots or the Rams, NFL game night is the perfect excuse to gather your friends and have some fun. And what better way to enjoy the game than with a few Drinking Games? Here are a few of our favorites:
- The First Down: Take a drink every time the team you’re rooting for gets a first down. If they don’t get a first down, take a drink every time the other team does. By the end of the game, you’ll be plenty buzzed!
- The Touchdown: Take a drink every time there’s a touchdown. If your team scores, take two drinks. If the other team scores… well, you know what to do.
- The Penalty: This one is simple – every time there’s a penalty, take a drink. Just be careful not to get too carried away – we don’t want anyone getting ejected from the game!
- Field Goal: If the team you are rooting against gets a field goal, you got it…. Drink up!
Disclaimer: Drink Responsibly
So there you have it – four surefire ways to make your NFL game night even more enjoyable. However you choose to play, just remember to drink responsibly and have a great time!
For many people, fall is all about watching their favorite team make a run at the Super Bowl. But even if your team isn’t playing for the Lombardi Trophy, there’s still plenty to enjoy about the NFL season. From marquee matchups to surprising upsets, there’s always something worth watching on Sundays (and Mondays and Thursdays). So grab some friends, find a comfortable spot on the couch, and get ready for another exciting season of NFL action. With a bit of planning, you can turn NFL Sunday Night into a party that your friends will look forward to all week long.
Earn Bragging Rights With RunYourPool.com This Year
No matter who you’re rooting for, an NFL pool is a great way to add some extra excitement to the season. And with RunYourPool.com, it’s easy to set up and manage your pool. Just create an account, invite your friends, and start picking winners! Whether you’re looking for a pick ’em pool, survivor pool, or any other type of football pool. You can even customize your pool to suit your specific needs. So why wait? Make your NFL season more fun with RunYourPool.com!