Table of Contents
Whit Merrifield and the Kansas City Royals will face Jordan Montgomery and the New York Yankees on Sunday at 1:35 PM.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Merrifield Props for Royals vs Yankees
- Game Day: Sunday, July 31, 2022
- Game Time: 1:35 PM ET
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Stadium: Yankee Stadium
Merrifield in 2022
- Merrifield has 23 doubles, a triple, five home runs and 29 walks while hitting .237.
- Merrifield ranks 216th in homers and 98th in RBI among all hitters in MLB action.
- Merrifield has a hit in 60 of 93 games this season, with multiple hits in 25 of them.
- Merrifield has homered in five games this season (93 opportunities, 5.4%), leaving the ballpark in 1.2% of his trips to home plate.
Last Five Games
Yankees Pitching in 2022
- The Yankees are sending Montgomery (3-3) to make his 21st start of the season. He is 3-3 with a 3.50 ERA and 91 strikeouts through 110 2/3 innings pitched.
- This season, the 29-year-old ranks 33rd in ERA (3.50), 19th in WHIP (1.084), and 45th in K/9 (7.4) among qualifying pitchers.
- The 9.3 strikeouts per nine innings compiled by the Yankees pitching staff ranks fourth in MLB.
- Yankees pitchers combine to surrender the fifth-fewest home runs in baseball (97 total, one per game).