Table of Contents
The Toronto Blue Jays (60-50) play the Cleveland Guardians (59-52) a game after Bo Bichette hit a pair of home runs in a 6-5 loss to the Orioles. The Blue Jays are favored (-188) in this matchup with the Guardians (+161), which starts at 7:07 PM ET on Friday. Toronto has Jose Berrios starting things off, while Cleveland counters with Cal Quantrill.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Blue Jays vs. Guardians
- Game Day: Friday, August 12, 2022
- Game Time: 7:07 PM ET
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Stadium: Rogers Centre
Blue Jays Stats & Trends
Blue Jays Batting
- The Blue Jays rank sixth-best in MLB play with 143 total home runs.
- The Blue Jays’ .265 batting average leads the majors.
- The Blue Jays are fourth in the league with a .328 on-base percentage.
- The Blue Jays strike out 7.8 times per game, the sixth-best average in the league.
- The Blue Jays have hit 74 home runs at home this season (1.3 per game).
- The Blue Jays have a .454 slugging percentage and are averaging 3.3 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team is batting .270 with 492 hits (8.9 per game) at home this season.
Blue Jays Key Batters
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has 121 hits to go with a slugging percentage of .504, both of which are best among Toronto hitters this season.
- Guerrero is 31st in batting average, 30th in on-base percentage, and 17th in slugging among qualified batters in MLB.
- Guerrero hopes to build on a 20-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last 10 outings he is batting .341 with three doubles, two home runs, four walks and six RBI.
- Alejandro Kirk leads Toronto with an OBP of .388 this season while batting .305 with 41 walks and 49 runs scored.
- Kirk ranks 10th in batting average, eighth in on-base percentage and 38th in slugging in MLB.
- Kirk brings a three-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. In his last five games he is hitting .353 with a walk and an RBI.
- Bichette is batting .263 with a .436 slugging percentage and 64 RBI this year.
- Bichette heads into this game with six games in a row with at least one hit. In his last 10 outings he is batting .286 with four doubles, three home runs and 11 RBI.
- Matt Chapman has been key for Toronto with 88 hits, an OBP of .322 plus a slugging percentage of .474.
- Chapman has hit safely in three games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .278 with two home runs, two walks and two RBI.
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians rank 29th in Major League Baseball with just 87 home runs as a team.
- The Guardians have a team batting average of .251 this season, which ranks eighth among MLB teams.
- The Guardians have an OBP of .313 this season, which ranks 18th in MLB.
- The Guardians have the fewest strikeouts in MLB, whiffing only 6.9 times per game on average.
- They’ve hit 55 homers, an average of 0.9 per game, in 60 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .400 in 60 road games this season.
- They are averaging 9.0 base hits per game and batting .254 on the road this season.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez has accumulated 115 hits, a team-best for the Guardians.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the majors, Ramirez’s batting average is 37th, his on-base percentage is 36th, and he is ninth in slugging.
- Amed Rosario’s .410 slugging percentage paces his team.
- Rosario is 32nd in batting average, 91st in on-base percentage and 91st in slugging percentage in MLB.
- Steven Kwan has racked up a team-high .375 on-base percentage.
- Andres Gimenez is batting .304 with 18 doubles, two triples, 12 home runs and 19 walks.
Blue Jays vs. Guardians Probable Pitchers