The St. Louis Cardinals (61-50) will look to Nolan Arenado, who is currently on a two-game home run streak, when they square off against the Milwaukee Brewers (60-50). The Brewers are moneyline favorites (-118) for this matchup against the Cardinals (-102), which starts at 8:15 PM ET on Friday at Busch Stadium. Milwaukee has Eric Lauer set to start, while St. Louis counters with Jordan Montgomery.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Brewers vs. Cardinals
- Game Day: Friday, August 12, 2022
- Game Time: 8:15 PM ET
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Stadium: Busch Stadium
Brewers Stats & Trends
- The Brewers are fourth in baseball with 152 home runs. They average 1.4 per game.
- The Brewers’ .240 batting average ranks 18th in MLB.
- The Brewers rank seventh in the league with an on-base percentage of .321.
- The Brewers strike out 8.8 times per game to rank 22nd in the league.
- The Brewers average 1.3 homers per road game this season (78 total on the road).
- The Brewers are averaging 3.1 extra-base hits per game while slugging .413 away from home.
- The team averages 8.2 hits per game and is batting .241 away from home this season.
Brewers Key Batters
- Rowdy Tellez leads Milwaukee in total hits (87) this season while batting .239 with 43 extra-base hits.
- Among qualifying hitters, Tellez is 113th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 84th, and he is 24th in slugging.
- Christian Yelich leads the Brewers with an OPS of .750. He has a slash line of .259/.364/.386 this season.
- Among qualified batters, Yelich’s batting average places him 69th, his on-base percentage 22nd, and his slugging percentage 114th.
- Andrew McCutchen has 94 hits this season and has a slash line of .255/.327/.402.
- McCutchen enters this game with two games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is batting .286 with two doubles, a home run, three walks and four RBI.
- Willy Adames has 22 home runs, 64 RBI and a batting average of .224 this season.
- Adames has hit safely in four straight games. In his last five games he is batting .217 with a home run, a walk and three RBI.
Cardinals Stats & Trends
- The Cardinals’ 128 home runs rank 11th in Major League Baseball.
- The Cardinals’ .254 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking sixth in MLB.
- The Cardinals are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking sixth with an OBP of .325.
- The Cardinals rank sixth in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 7.7 whiffs per contest.
- They’ve hit 64 homers, an average of 1.2 per game, in 55 home contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .424 in home games this season with 167 extra-base hits.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .256 with 8.4 base hits per contest.
Cardinals Key Batters
- Paul Goldschmidt has accumulated 131 hits with a .415 on-base percentage and a .615 slugging percentage, all club-highs for the Cardinals.
- Including all the qualified hitters in MLB, Goldschmidt ranks second in batting average, first in on-base percentage and third in slugging percentage.
- Goldschmidt enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .375 with three doubles, a home run, five walks and five RBI.
- Arenado is batting .303 with 28 doubles, a triple, 24 home runs and 39 walks.
- Arenado’s batting average is 14th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage is 15th, and he is sixth in slugging.
- Tommy Edman is hitting .257 with 18 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 36 walks.
- Dylan Carlson has 24 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 29 walks while batting .237.
Brewers vs. Cardinals Probable Pitchers