Table of Contents
Jorge Mateo leads the Baltimore Orioles (59-53) into a contest against the Tampa Bay Rays (58-53) after his five-hit showing in a 10-3 win over the Rays. The Rays are favorites (-180) in this game against the underdog Orioles (+153), which starts at 4:10 PM ET on Saturday. Tampa Bay’s Shane McClanahan and Baltimore’s DL Hall will take the mound first.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Rays vs. Orioles
- Game Day: Saturday, August 13, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- Stadium: Tropicana Field
Rays Stats & Trends
- The Rays are 24th in MLB action with 100 home runs. They average 0.9 per game.
- The Rays’ .237 batting average ranks 22nd in the majors.
- The Rays are 23rd in baseball with an on-base percentage of .306.
- The Rays strike out 8.9 times per game, the No. 24 mark in the league.
- The Rays have hit 52 home runs at home this season (0.9 per game).
- The Rays are averaging 2.7 extra-base hits per game while slugging .381 at home.
- At home this season the team averages 7.5 hits per game and is batting .234.
Rays Key Batters
- Yandy Diaz leads Tampa Bay in OBP (.389) this season, fueled by 94 hits.
- Among qualified hitters in MLB, Diaz’s batting average ranks 41st, his on-base percentage ranks seventh, and he is 111th in slugging.
- Randy Arozarena has hit 14 homers this season while driving in 54 runs. He’s batting .256 this season.
- Among qualifiers, Arozarena ranks 71st in batting average, 103rd in on-base percentage and 72nd in slugging percentage.
- Arozarena brings a two-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last five games he is hitting .200 with a double, two home runs, two walks and five RBI.
- David Peralta leads Tampa Bay with 79 hits. He is batting .252 this season and 35 of his hits have gone for extra bases.
- Isaac Paredes has 14 home runs, 31 RBI and a batting average of .217 this season.
Orioles Stats & Trends
- The Orioles’ 117 home runs rank 15th in Major League Baseball.
- The Orioles have a team batting average of .240 this season, which ranks 18th among MLB teams.
- The Orioles have an on-base percentage of .307 this season, which ranks 22nd in the league.
- The Orioles rank 19th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.7 whiffs per contest.
- They have averaged 1.1 home runs per game in their 58 road contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .402 in away games this season with 188 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 8.2 base hits per game and batting .238 on the road this season.
Orioles Key Batters
- Cedric Mullins has accumulated a team-high .399 slugging percentage.
- Mullins ranks 56th in batting average, 84th in on-base percentage and 99th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters in the majors.
- Mullins takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .333 with a double, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Anthony Santander’s 103 hits and .342 OBP both pace his team.
- Santander is currently 61st in batting average, 52nd in on-base percentage and 35th in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters.
- Austin Hays has 25 doubles, a triple, 13 home runs and 24 walks while hitting .263.
- Ryan Mountcastle is batting .255 with 24 doubles, 15 home runs and 25 walks.
Rays vs. Orioles Probable Pitchers