Table of Contents
Two of the league’s top power hitters face off when the New York Yankees (79-51) and the Los Angeles Angels (56-74) meet at 9:38 PM ET on Wednesday at Angel Stadium. Aaron Judge has 51 home runs (first in the majors) for the favored Yankees (-193), and Shohei Ohtani ranks 10th in MLB play with 29 dingers this season for the Angels (+162). New York has Gerrit Cole set to start, while Los Angeles will send out Patrick Sandoval.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Yankees vs. Angels
- Game Day: Wednesday, August 31, 2022
- Game Time: 9:38 PM ET
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Stadium: Angel Stadium
Yankees Stats & Trends
- The New York Yankees lead the league with 205 total home runs, averaging 1.6 per game.
- The Yankees have the 20th-ranked batting average in the majors (.240).
- The Yankees are fourth in the league with a .324 on-base percentage.
- The Yankees strike out 8.5 times per game to rank 16th in the league.
- The Yankees average 1.5 homers per game when playing on the road this season (96 total in road contests).
- The Yankees have a .421 slugging percentage and are averaging 3.0 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- The team is batting .246 with 555 hits (8.5 per game) on the road this season.
Yankees Key Batters
- Judge leads New York with 139 hits and an OBP of .398, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .667.
- Among qualifying hitters in baseball, Judge’s batting average ranks 15th, his on-base percentage ranks third, and he is first in slugging.
- Judge will look for his third straight game with a hit in this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .313 with three home runs, six walks and seven RBI.
- Anthony Rizzo has 19 doubles, a triple, 30 home runs and 55 walks while batting .225.
- Rizzo ranks 126th in batting average, 54th in on-base percentage and 17th in slugging in MLB.
- Rizzo heads into this matchup looking to extend his three-game hit streak. In his last five games he is batting .278 with two home runs, two walks and three RBI.
- DJ LeMahieu is batting .271 with a .394 slugging percentage and 46 RBI this year.
- Andrew Benintendi has been key for New York with 138 hits, an OBP of .373 plus a slugging percentage of .397.
- Benintendi has hit safely in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .190 with a home run and an RBI.
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels rank 11th in Major League Baseball with 150 home runs.
- The Angels have a team batting average of just .228 this season, which ranks 28th among MLB teams.
- The Angels are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 26th with an OBP of .295.
- The Angels rank last in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 9.7 whiffs per contest.
- They have averaged 1.3 home runs per game in their 64 home contests this season.
- They are slugging .408 in 64 home games this season.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .238 with 7.8 base hits per contest.
Angels Key Batters
- Ohtani has racked up 125 hits with a .360 on-base percentage and a .525 slugging percentage, all club-bests for the Angels.
- Including all qualified players in MLB, Ohtani ranks 48th in batting average, 24th in on-base percentage and 10th in slugging percentage.
- Ohtani brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .421 with a double, a triple, two home runs, three walks and six RBI.
- Mike Trout is hitting .271 with 18 doubles, two triples, 28 home runs and 41 walks.
- Taylor Ward is batting .259 with 14 doubles, two triples, 17 home runs and 49 walks.
- Luis Rengifo is hitting .268 with 19 doubles, three triples, 11 home runs and 13 walks.
Yankees vs. Angels Probable Pitchers