Table of Contents
Two of the best offensive players in college football will be on display when wide receiver Charlie Jones and the Purdue Boilermakers (1-1) visit quarterback Garrett Shrader and the Syracuse Orange (2-0) on Saturday, September 17, 2022.
The Orange are underdogs, but by less than a field goal (+1), against the Boilermakers (with an over/under of 58.5 points).
Game Info and Betting Lines for Purdue vs. Syracuse
- Game Day: Saturday, September 17, 2022
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN2
- Location: Syracuse, New York
- Stadium: JMA Wireless Dome
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Purdue Betting Insights
- Purdue won eight games against the spread last season, failing to cover five times.
- Purdue was favored by 1 point or more six times last season, and covered the spread in four of those games.
- A total of five Purdue games last season went over the point total.
Purdue Stats & Insights
- Last year, Purdue scored just 2.8 more points per game (29.1) than Syracuse surrendered (26.3).
- When Purdue scored over 26.3 points last year, it went 6-1 against the spread and 6-1 overall.
- Syracuse had a 5-1 record against the spread and a 4-2 record overall in games when it surrendered fewer than 29.1 points last year.
- Purdue collected 109.1 more yards per game (439.5) than Syracuse gave up per outing (330.4) last season.
- When Purdue churned out more than 330.4 yards last season, the team was 7-3 against the spread and 7-3 overall.
- When Syracuse held its opponents to fewer than 439.5 yards last year, it had an 8-4 record ATS and a 5-7 record overall.
- Last season Purdue ran for 42.0 fewer yards per game (84.2) than Syracuse allowed per contest (126.2).
- Purdue had a 2-0 ATS record and a 2-0 overall record when the team ran for more than 126.2 yards last year.
- Last season, Syracuse was 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall when holding opponents to fewer than 84.2 rushing yards.
- Last season Purdue turned the ball over 18 times, 11 more than Syracuse’s takeaways (7).
Purdue’s Best Players
- Aidan O’Connell had a passing stat line last year of 3,711 yards with a 71.6% completion rate (315-for-440), 28 touchdowns, 11 interceptions, and an average of 285.5 yards per game.
- Last season King Doerue took 135 rushing attempts for 533 yards (41.0 per game) and scored two touchdowns.
- Zander Horvath churned out 320 yards on 91 carries (24.6 yards per game), with three rushing touchdowns last year.
- David Bell collected 93 receptions for 1,286 yards and six touchdowns last year. He was targeted 132 times, and averaged 98.9 yards per game.
- Milton Wright amassed 732 yards on 57 grabs with seven touchdowns. He was targeted 82 times, and averaged 56.3 receiving yards per game.
- Jackson Anthrop hauled in 53 passes on 72 targets for 570 yards and five touchdowns, compiling 43.8 receiving yards per game.
- Kydran Jenkins’ hard work last season produced a stat line of 5.0 sacks, 6.0 TFL and 32 tackles.
- Jaylan Alexander went to work last year, collecting 98 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and one sack.
- Cam Allen intercepted four passes last year while also totaling 57 tackles and four passes defended.
Syracuse Betting Insights
- Syracuse won eight games against the spread last season, failing to cover four times.
- Syracuse was 6-4 ATS last season when playing as at least 1-point underdogs.
- In Syracuse games last season, combined scoring went over the point total five times.
Syracuse Stats & Insights
- Syracuse put up just 2.5 more points per game (24.9) than Purdue allowed (22.4) last year.
- Syracuse was 6-0 against the spread and 4-2 overall in games when it scored over 22.4 points last year.
- Purdue had a 6-2 record against the spread and a 7-1 record overall in games when it gave up less than 24.9 points last season.
- Syracuse racked up per game (366.5) than Purdue gave up (366.5) per matchup last season.
- When Syracuse amassed over 366.5 yards last year, the team was 5-0 against the spread and 3-2 overall.
- Purdue had a 5-4 record ATS and a 6-3 record overall when holding its opponents to fewer than 366.5 yards last season.
- Syracuse rushed for 213.5 yards per game last season, 55.7 more than the 157.8 Purdue allowed per contest.
- Syracuse had an 8-1 ATS record and a 5-4 overall record when the team ran for over 157.8 yards last year.
- Purdue was 7-3 against the spread and 8-2 overall when holding opponents to less than 213.5 rushing yards last year.
- Syracuse had 12 giveaways last season, while Purdue had 17 takeaways.
Syracuse’s Best Players
- Shrader completed 52.6% of his passes to throw for 1,445 and nine touchdowns last season. Shrader also contributed in the run game, accumulating 14 touchdowns on 65.1 yards per game.
- Sean Tucker racked up 12 rushing touchdowns on 124.7 yards per game last year. Tucker was also effective in the passing game, accumulating 20 catches and two touchdowns over the course of the year.
- Courtney Jackson averaged 32.4 receiving yards and collected three receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2021 season.
- Damien Alford averaged 20.8 receiving yards per game on 2.8 targets per game a season ago.
- Last year Cody Roscoe put pressure on opposing quarterbacks with 8.5 sacks, and added 9.0 TFL and 43 tackles.
- Mikel Jones had an impressive defensive performance last season with 83 tackles, 8.0 TFL, and three sacks.
- Darian Chestnut racked up three interceptions in addition to 36 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and three passes defended a year ago.