Table of Contents
Yordan Alvarez will take the field for the Houston Astros against Joey Wentz and the Detroit Tigers on Wednesday. First pitch is at 1:10 PM.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Alvarez Props for Astros vs Tigers
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 14, 2022
- Game Time: 1:10 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
Alvarez in 2022
- Alvarez has a team-best batting average of .295, while pacing the Astros in home runs (33).
- In MLB, Alvarez ranks ninth in home runs and 19th in RBI.
- Alvarez has a hit in 77 of 118 games this year, with multiple hits in 34 of them.
- Alvarez has hit a long ball in 29 games this season (118 opportunities, 24.6%), going deep in 6.7% of his trips to the plate.
Last Five Games
Tigers Pitching in 2022
- Wentz (1-1) takes the mound for the Tigers in his fourth start of the season. He’s put together a 4.05 ERA in 13 1/3 innings pitched, with 10 strikeouts.
- The 24-year-old has put up a 4.05 ERA and 6.8 strikeouts per nine innings across three games this season, while allowing a batting average of .213 to opposing hitters.
- The pitching staff for the Tigers has a collective 7.5 K/9, the fourth-worst in the league.
- The Tigers surrender the 10th-fewest home runs in baseball (146 total, one per game).