Table of Contents
Ramon Urias is just three hits away from his 100th of the season as his Baltimore Orioles (80-73) ready for a matchup against the Boston Red Sox (72-81) on Wednesday at 7:10 PM ET. The Orioles are underdogs (-101) against the Red Sox (-118). Boston’s Rich Hill and Baltimore’s Dean Kremer will take the mound first.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Red Sox vs. Orioles
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 28, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Stadium: Fenway Park
Red Sox Stats & Trends
Red Sox Batting
- The Red Sox average 1.0 home run per game to rank 20th in MLB play with 147 total home runs .
- The Red Sox rank third in MLB with a .258 batting average.
- The Red Sox’s .321 on-base percentage is sixth-best in baseball.
- The Red Sox’s 8.6 strikeouts per game rank 16th in the league.
- The Red Sox have hit 80 home runs at home this season (1.1 per game).
- The Red Sox are slugging .440 with 3.5 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the club averages 9.3 hits per game and is batting .272.
Red Sox Key Batters
- Rafael Devers has 155 hits, which leads Boston hitters this season, while batting .292 with 68 extra-base hits.
- Among all qualifying batters, Devers is 16th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 30th, and he is ninth in slugging.
- Devers will look for his fourth straight game with a hit in this contest. In his last five games he is batting .300 with a double, four walks and three RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts has a slash line of .313/.382/.463 this season and a team-best OPS of .845.
- Among qualified hitters, Bogaerts’ batting average ranks him fifth, his on-base percentage seventh, and his slugging percentage 37th.
- Alex Verdugo has 159 hits this season and has a slash line of .282/.330/.404.
- Verdugo brings a seven-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .237 with three doubles, a home run, five walks and seven RBI.
- J.D. Martinez has been key for Boston with 136 hits, an OBP of .339 plus a slugging percentage of .433.
- Martinez has safely hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .278 with a double, a home run, two walks and an RBI.
Orioles Stats & Trends
- The Orioles have hit 164 homers this season, which ranks 15th in the league.
- The Orioles rank 20th in MLB with a .237 team batting average.
- The Orioles have an on-base percentage of .305 this season, which ranks 22nd in the league.
- The Orioles rank 17th with an average of 8.6 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 1.2 home runs per game in their 76 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .405 in 76 road games this season.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .236 with 8.1 base hits per contest.
Orioles Key Batters
- Anthony Santander has an on-base percentage of .322 and has 135 hits, both team-high numbers for the Orioles.
- Including all qualifying hitters in the big leagues, Santander ranks 86th in batting average, 75th in on-base percentage and 39th in slugging percentage.
- Santander enters this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .333 with a double, six home runs and nine RBI.
- Cedric Mullins is slugging .411 to pace his team.
- Mullins ranks 59th in batting average, 78th in on-base percentage and 83rd in slugging percentage in the big leagues.
- Ryan Mountcastle has 27 doubles, 22 home runs and 41 walks while batting .250.
- Austin Hays is hitting .253 with 32 doubles, a triple, 16 home runs and 33 walks.
Red Sox vs. Orioles Probable Pitchers