The New York Yankees (95-59) and the Toronto Blue Jays (87-68) play on Wednesday at 7:07 PM ET with the series tied 1-1. The Yankees are favored (-125) to take the rubber match against the Blue Jays (+105). New York’s Gerrit Cole and Toronto’s Mitch White will start this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Yankees vs. Blue Jays
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 28, 2022
- Game Time: 7:07 PM ET
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Stadium: Rogers Centre
Yankees Stats & Trends
- The New York Yankees average 1.6 home runs per game and have hit a league-best 242 home runs in total.
- The Yankees are 16th in the majors with a .241 batting average.
- The Yankees rank fourth in the league with an on-base percentage of .325.
- The Yankees strike out 8.6 times per game to rank 19th in the league.
- The Yankees average 1.4 homers per game when playing away from home this season (109 total in road contests).
- The Yankees have a .413 slugging percentage and are averaging three extra-base hits per game on the road.
- On the road this season the club averages 8.4 hits per game and is batting .242.
Yankees Key Batters
- Aaron Judge has 172 hits and an OBP of .425 to go with a slugging percentage of .693. All three of those stats lead New York hitters this season.
- Among all qualified hitters, Judge is fourth in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks first, and he is first in slugging.
- Anthony Rizzo has 21 doubles, a triple, 32 home runs and 57 walks while batting .228.
- Among qualifying batters, Rizzo ranks 120th in batting average, 44th in on-base percentage and 16th in slugging percentage.
- Rizzo brings a two-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. During his last five outings he is hitting .294 with a double, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Gleyber Torres has 132 hits this season and has a slash line of .255/.310/.449.
- Torres has recorded at least one base hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .412 with a double, a home run, two walks and seven RBI.
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa is batting .265 with a .317 OBP and 48 RBI for New York this season.
Blue Jays Stats & Trends
Blue Jays Batting
- The Blue Jays rank eighth in Major League Baseball with 189 home runs.
- No team has a better batting average than the .261 AVG the Blue Jays have posted this season.
- The Blue Jays have an on-base percentage of .326 this season, which ranks third in the league.
- The Blue Jays rank sixth in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 7.7 whiffs per contest.
- In 77 games at home this season, they’ve hit 93 homers, an average of 1.2 per contest.
- They are slugging .426 in 77 home games this season.
- They are averaging 8.4 base hits per game and batting .256 as a team at home this season.
Blue Jays Key Batters
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has 170 hits, a team-best for the Blue Jays.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the big leagues, Guerrero ranks 33rd in batting average, 47th in on-base percentage and 25th in slugging percentage.
- Guerrero enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .227 with a walk and four RBI.
- Bo Bichette leads his team with a .468 slugging percentage.
- Including all qualified hitters, Bichette is 25th in batting average, 65th in on-base percentage and 34th in slugging percentage.
- George Springer is hitting .263 with 22 doubles, four triples, 24 home runs and 53 walks.
- Alejandro Kirk has a .377 OBP to pace his team.
Yankees vs. Blue Jays Probable Pitchers