Table of Contents
The Los Angeles Angels (68-86) will look for Shohei Ohtani to prolong a 12-game hitting streak when they square off against the Oakland Athletics (56-98) on Wednesday at 9:38 PM ET at Angel Stadium. The Angels are favored (-190) over the Athletics (+160). Los Angeles has Michael Lorenzen starting things off, while Oakland will send out Adrian Martinez.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Angels vs. Athletics
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 28, 2022
- Game Time: 9:38 PM ET
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Stadium: Angel Stadium
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels rank 11th in MLB action with 181 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- The Angels have the 24th-ranked batting average in the league (.231).
- The Angels’ .296 on-base percentage is the fifth-worst in baseball.
- The Angels’ 9.6 strikeouts per game are the most in the league.
- The Angels have hit 98 home runs at home this season (1.3 per game).
- The Angels are slugging .410 with 2.8 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- The club averages 7.9 hits per game and is batting .240 at home this season.
Angels Key Batters
- Ohtani leads Los Angeles with 151 hits and an OBP of .358, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .532.
- Among qualifying hitters in the majors, Ohtani’s batting average ranks 40th, his on-base percentage ranks 23rd, and he is seventh in slugging.
- Ohtani hopes to build on a 12-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .389 with four doubles, two walks and five RBI.
- Mike Trout is hitting .275 with 24 doubles, two triples, 37 home runs and 50 walks.
- Taylor Ward leads Los Angeles in OBP (.358) this season, fueled by 127 hits.
- Ward takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .316 with a double, two home runs, two walks and three RBI.
- Luis Rengifo has 15 home runs, 50 RBI and a batting average of .272 this season.
- Rengifo heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .231 with three RBI.
Athletics Stats & Trends
- The Athletics’ 131 home runs rank 26th in MLB this season.
- The Athletics have a team batting average of just .218 this season, which ranks last among MLB teams.
- The Athletics are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking last with an OBP of .282.
- The Athletics rank 18th in strikeouts per game (8.6) among MLB offenses.
- In 76 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 79 homers, an average of 1.0 per contest.
- In 76 road games this season, they’re slugging .370 with 202 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 7.7 base hits per game and batting .227 on the road this season.
Athletics Key Batters
- Sean Murphy has put up an on-base percentage of .332 and a slugging percentage of .435. Both lead the Athletics.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Murphy ranks 80th in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 58th and he is 63rd in slugging.
- Seth Brown has racked up 110 hits to lead his team.
- Brown’s batting average is 112th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 111th, and he is 44th in slugging.
- Tony Kemp has 23 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 43 walks while batting .234.
- Chad Pinder is batting .231 with 17 doubles, 12 home runs and 14 walks.
Angels vs. Athletics Probable Pitchers