Cody Bellinger has 97 hits this season, and will try to collect his 100th when the Los Angeles Dodgers (106-48) take on the San Diego Padres (86-68) on Wednesday at 9:40 PM ET. The Dodgers are favored (-139) over the Padres (+118). Los Angeles has Julio Urias set to start, and San Diego will send out Joe Musgrove.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Dodgers vs. Padres
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 28, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: San Diego, California
- Stadium: PETCO Park
Dodgers Stats & Trends
- The Dodgers are fifth in MLB action with 205 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- The Dodgers’ .258 batting average is third-best in the majors.
- The Dodgers have a league-leading .335 on-base percentage.
- The Dodgers’ 8.4 strikeouts per game rank 14th in baseball.
- The Dodgers average 1.3 homers per game when playing away from home this season (105 total in road contests).
- The Dodgers have a .433 slugging percentage and are averaging 3.5 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- The club is batting .254 with 706 hits (8.9 per game) on the road this season.
Dodgers Key Batters
- Freddie Freeman leads Los Angeles with an OBP of .404, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .512.
- Among qualifying hitters in baseball, Freeman is first in batting average, fourth in on-base percentage, and 13th in slugging.
- Mookie Betts has 146 hits, which is tops among Los Angeles batters this season. He’s batting .267 with 73 extra-base hits.
- Betts’ batting average ranks 48th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 51st, and his slugging percentage fifth.
- Trea Turner has 187 hits this season and has a slash line of .302/.347/.474.
- Turner takes a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .235 with a double and two walks.
- Will Smith is batting .263 with a .350 OBP and 85 RBI for Los Angeles this season.
Padres Stats & Trends
- The Padres have hit 147 homers this season, which ranks 21st in the league.
- The Padres’ .240 batting average ranks 18th in the league this season.
- The Padres are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking eighth with an OBP of .318.
- The Padres rank 10th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.1 whiffs per contest.
- They’ve hit 71 homers, an average of 1.0 per game, in 73 home contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .364 in home games this season with 172 extra-base hits.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .228 with 7.4 base hits per contest.
Padres Key Batters
- Manny Machado has put up a slugging percentage of .532 and has 163 hits, both team-high numbers for the Padres.
- Including all the qualifying players in the majors, Machado ranks 14th in batting average, 18th in on-base percentage and seventh in slugging percentage.
- Juan Soto has a .408 OBP to pace his team.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Soto’s batting average places him 90th, his on-base percentage is second, and he is 41st in slugging.
- Josh Bell has 29 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 76 walks while hitting .267.
- Brandon Drury has 30 doubles, two triples, 28 home runs and 35 walks while batting .261.
Dodgers vs. Padres Probable Pitchers