Table of Contents
Joc Pederson sits at 97 hits this season, and will try to get his 100th when the San Francisco Giants (76-78) take on the Colorado Rockies (65-89) on Wednesday at 9:45 PM ET. The Giants are favored (-168) over the Rockies (+141). Colorado is projected to start Jose Urena, while San Francisco has not named a starter.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Giants vs. Rockies
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 28, 2022
- Game Time: 9:45 PM ET
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Stadium: Oracle Park
Giants Stats & Trends
- The Giants are 12th in baseball with 172 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- The Giants have the 23rd-ranked batting average in the majors (.233).
- The Giants’ .314 on-base percentage is 15th in baseball.
- The Giants’ nine strikeouts per game are the fourth-most in the league.
- The Giants have hit 78 homers at home this season (one per game).
- The Giants have a .387 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the team averages 7.7 hits per game and is batting .236.
Giants Key Batters
- Wilmer Flores is hitting .232 with 27 doubles, a triple, 19 home runs and 55 walks.
- Among all qualified hitters in the majors, Flores is 119th in batting average, 86th in on-base percentage, and 92nd in slugging.
- Thairo Estrada has 124 hits and an OBP of .327 to go with a slugging percentage of .415. All three of those stats lead San Francisco hitters this season.
- Estrada ranks 48th in batting average, 66th in on-base percentage and 81st in slugging in the majors.
- Estrada heads into this matchup looking to extend his two-game hit streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .278 with two doubles, a walk and three RBI.
- Pederson has 97 hits this season and has a slash line of .269/.343/.515.
- Mike Yastrzemski is batting .210 with a .303 OBP and 51 RBI for San Francisco this season.
Rockies Stats & Trends
- The Rockies have hit 140 homers this season, which ranks 23rd in the league.
- The Rockies’ .256 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking sixth in MLB.
- The Rockies have an OBP of .318 this season, which ranks eighth in MLB.
- The Rockies rank ninth in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.1 whiffs per contest.
- They’ve hit 42 homers, an average of 0.6 per game, in 73 road contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .332 in away games this season with 168 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 7.7 base hits per game and batting .227 on the road this season.
Rockies Key Batters
- C.J. Cron has a slugging percentage of .483 and has 147 hits, both team-best numbers for the Rockies.
- Including all qualifying players, Cron ranks 53rd in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 75th and he is 21st in slugging.
- Charlie Blackmon is hitting .264 with 22 doubles, six triples, 16 home runs and 32 walks.
- Including all qualified players, Blackmon’s batting average places him 56th, his on-base percentage ranks 91st, and he is 73rd in slugging.
- Ryan McMahon has racked up a team-best .328 on-base percentage.
- Randal Grichuk is batting .261 with 21 doubles, two triples, 17 home runs and 23 walks.
Giants vs. Rockies Probable Pitchers