Table of Contents
The Toronto Blue Jays are favored (-136) on the road against the Baltimore Orioles (+115) in the first game of the MLB campaign at Oriole Park at Camden Yards on Monday. First pitch is at 7:05 PM ET. Toronto’s Jose Berrios and Baltimore’s Dean Kremer will start this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Blue Jays vs. Orioles
- Game Day: Monday, October 3, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Stadium: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Blue Jays Stats & Trends
Blue Jays Batting
- The Toronto Blue Jays hit a league-leading 262 home runs last season, averaging 1.2 per game.
- The Blue Jays had the second-best batting average in the majors (.266).
- Last season the Blue Jays were the third-highest scoring team in baseball averaging 5.2 runs per game (846 total).
- The club struck out 7.5 times per game, the least Ks in baseball.
- The Blue Jays hit 126 homers away from home last season (1.6 per game).
- The Blue Jays slugged .447 with 3.2 extra-base hits per game in road contests.
- The club batted .259 with 700 hits (8.8 per game) on the road last season.
Blue Jays Key Batters
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. had 188 hits and an OBP of .401 last season.
- Bo Bichette had an OPS of .827, fueled by an OBP of .343 and a slugging percentage of .484.
- Last season, Whit Merrifield finished with 10 home runs, 74 RBI and a batting average of .277 last season.
- Teoscar Hernandez slashed .296/.346/.524 and finished with an OPS of .870.
Orioles Stats & Trends
- The Orioles hit 195 homers last season, which ranked 17th in the league.
- The Orioles’ .239 batting average ranked 19th in the league last season.
- The Orioles scored 659 runs (just 4.1 per game) last season, which ranked 26th in MLB.
- The Orioles ranked 21st with an average of nine strikeouts per game.
- They hit 122 homers, an average of 1.5 per game, in 81 home contests last season.
- In 81 home games last season, they had a .443 SLG with 261 hits going for extra bases.
- They averaged 8.3 base hits per game and hit .251 as a team at home last season.
Orioles Key Batters
- Cedric Mullins racked up an on-base percentage of .360, a slugging percentage of .518, and had 175 hits last season.
- Ryan Mountcastle hit .255 with 23 doubles, a triple, 33 home runs and 41 walks.
- Jesus Aguilar hit .261 with 23 doubles, 22 home runs and 46 walks a season ago.
- Austin Hays hit .256 with 26 doubles, four triples, 22 home runs and 28 walks.
Blue Jays vs. Orioles Probable Pitchers