Table of Contents
The Philadelphia Phillies and the San Diego Padres play in Game 4 of the NLCS on Saturday 7:45 PM ET at Citizens Bank Park. The Phillies are ahead 2-1 in the series. Philadelphia’s Bailey Falter starts against San Diego’s Mike Clevinger.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Phillies vs. Padres
- Game Day: Saturday, October 22, 2022
- Game Time: 7:45 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Citizens Bank Park
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies average 1.3 home runs per game to rank sixth in MLB play with 205 total home runs.
- The Phillies have the ninth-best batting average in the majors (.252).
- The Phillies are 11th in the league with a .316 on-base percentage.
- The Phillies’ 8.4 strikeouts per game rank 13th in baseball.
- The Phillies average 1.3 homers per home game this season (107 total at home).
- The Phillies are slugging .440 with 3.1 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- The team is batting .259 with 697 hits (8.6 per game) at home this season.
Phillies Key Batters
- Kyle Schwarber leads Philadelphia in total hits (126) this season while batting .218 with 70 extra-base hits.
- Among the qualifying hitters in MLB, Schwarber’s batting average ranks 121st, his on-base percentage ranks 69th, and he is 15th in slugging.
- J.T. Realmuto leads Philadelphia with an OBP of .340 this season while batting .274 with 41 walks and 75 runs scored.
- Realmuto ranks 33rd in batting average, 43rd in on-base percentage and 25th in slugging in the majors.
- Rhys Hoskins has collected 145 base hits, an OBP of .332 and a slugging percentage of .462 this season.
- Alec Bohm leads Philadelphia in slugging percentage (.398) thanks to 40 extra-base hits.
- Bohm enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .222 with a double and two RBI.
Padres Stats & Trends
- The Padres’ 153 home runs rank 21st in Major League Baseball.
- The Padres’ .241 batting average ranks 15th in the league this season.
- The Padres are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking eighth with an OBP of .318.
- The Padres are one of the most disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking ninth with an average of 8.2 strikeouts per game.
- In 81 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 76 homers, an average of 0.9 per contest.
- In 81 road games this season, they’re slugging .399 with 257 hits going for extra bases.
- In 81 road games this season, they have a batting average of .251 while averaging 8.8 base hits per contest.
Padres Key Batters
- Manny Machado has totaled 172 hits with a .531 slugging percentage, both team-best statistics for the Padres.
- Including all qualified hitters, Machado ranks 10th in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 17th and he is sixth in slugging.
- Juan Soto has a .401 OBP to lead his team.
- Including all qualified players, Soto ranks 88th in batting average, fifth in on-base percentage and 46th in slugging percentage.
- Josh Bell is hitting .266 with 29 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 81 walks.
- Jake Cronenworth is hitting .240 with 31 doubles, four triples, 17 home runs and 70 walks.
Phillies vs. Padres Probable Pitchers