Table of Contents
The Carolina Panthers (5-8) and the Pittsburgh Steelers (5-8) play at Bank of America Stadium on Sunday, December 18, 2022.
The Panthers are slight favorites (-2.5) in their matchup versus the Steelers, with the over/under being 38.5 points. (On the moneyline, the Panthers are -135 and the Steelers are +114.)
Game Info, Betting Lines for Carolina Panthers vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
- Game Day: Sunday, December 18, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
- Stadium: Bank of America Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting Insights for Panthers
- So far this season, the Panthers have compiled a 7-6-0 record against the spread.
- The teams have hit the over in five of the Panthers’ 13 games with a set total.
Stats & Insights for Panthers
- The Panthers rank third-worst in total offense (294.2 yards per game), but they’ve played slightly better on defense, ranking 16th with 343 yards allowed per game.
- The Panthers are averaging 20 points per game offensively this season (24th in NFL), and they are surrendering 22.3 points per game (13th) on the defensive side of the ball.
- The Panthers have been a bottom-five pass offense this year, ranking third-worst with 169.2 passing yards per contest. Defensively, they are ranked 14th in the NFL (214.2 passing yards allowed per game).
- The Panthers rank 13th in run offense (124.9 rushing yards per game) and 24th in run defense (128.8 rushing yards allowed per game) this year.
- The Panthers have been a bottom-five offense on third down this year, ranking third-worst with a 28.7% third-down conversion rate. Defensively, they are ranked 22nd in the NFL (40.6% third-down conversion rate allowed).
- The Panthers are accumulating 5.4 yards per play (22nd in the league), while giving up 5.5 per play on the defensive side of the ball (10th in the NFL) this season.
- The Panthers have forced 14 total turnovers (22nd in NFL) this season and have turned it over 16 times (18th in NFL) for a turnover margin of -2, 18th-ranked in the league.
Panthers’ Best Players
- Phillip Walker: 731 PASS YDS / 121.8 YPG / 59.4% / 3 TD / 3 INT
- D’Onta Foreman: 147 CAR / 637 YDS / 49 YPG / 4 TD / 5 REC / 26 YDS / 2 YPG / 0 TD
- Chuba Hubbard: 55 CAR / 250 YDS / 22.7 YPG / 2 TD / 8 REC / 61 YDS / 5.5 YPG / 0 TD
- D.J. Moore: 46 REC / 605 YDS / 46.5 YPG / 4 TD
- Terrace Marshall Jr.: 19 REC / 346 YDS / 34.6 YPG / 1 TD
- Laviska Shenault Jr.: 21 REC / 198 YDS / 22 YPG / 1 TD
- Brian Burns: 55 TKL / 13 TFL / 10.5 SACK / 2 PD
- Shaq Thompson: 98 TKL / 7 TFL / 0.5 SACK / 4 PD
- Jaycee Horn: 44 TKL / 2 TFL / 3 INT / 7 PD
Betting Insights for Steelers
- The Steelers are 6-6-1 against the spread this year.
- In games this season in which they were an underdog by 2.5 points or more, the Steelers have a 4-4-1 record against the spread.
- Five of the Steelers’ 13 games with a set total have hit the over (38.5%).
Stats & Insights for Steelers
- The Steelers are generating 317.2 total yards per game on offense this season (26th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering 358.5 total yards per contest (22nd-ranked).
- From an offensive angle, the Steelers are posting 17.5 points per game (27th-ranked). They rank 14th in the NFL on the other side of the ball (22.5 points surrendered per game).
- From an offensive perspective, the Steelers are compiling 204.2 passing yards per contest (24th-ranked). They rank 24th in the NFL on defense (242.7 passing yards allowed per game).
- The Steelers are compiling 113 rushing yards per game on offense this season (19th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering 115.8 rushing yards per game (15th-ranked) on defense.
- The Steelers rank 16th in the NFL with a 40% third-down conversion percentage on offense, and 13th with a 38.5% third-down percentage allowed on the defensive side of the ball.
- With 5.2 yards per play on offense, the Steelers rank 27th in the NFL. Defensively they rank 18th, allowing 5.9 yards per play.
- With 17 forced turnovers (10th in NFL) and 17 turnovers committed (19th in NFL) this season, the Steelers rank 16th in the NFL with a turnover margin of 0.
Best Players for Steelers
- Kenny Pickett: 1,797 PASS YDS / 179.7 YPG / 65% / 4 TD / 8 INT / 44 CAR / 225 RUSH YDS / 3 TD
- Najee Harris: 187 CAR / 704 YDS / 54.2 YPG / 5 TD / 32 REC / 165 YDS / 12.7 YPG / 2 TD
- Diontae Johnson: 67 REC / 647 YDS / 49.8 YPG / 0 TD
- Pat Freiermuth: 53 REC / 630 YDS / 52.5 YPG / 2 TD
- George Pickens: 40 REC / 590 YDS / 45.4 YPG / 2 TD
- Alex Highsmith: 47 TKL / 8 TFL / 10 SACK / 1 PD
- Myles Jack: 101 TKL / 3 TFL / 3 PD
- Minkah Fitzpatrick: 73 TKL / 1 TFL / 4 INT / 8 PD