Table of Contents
The New York Yankees (15-14) have lost three straight games as they ready to square off against the Cleveland Guardians (13-15), who have dropped two straight. The Yankees are favored (-129) to stop their streak in Monday’s outing, which begins at 7:05 PM ET at Yankee Stadium. New York’s Domingo German starts against Cleveland’s Cal Quantrill.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Yankees vs. Guardians
- Game Day: Monday, May 1, 2023
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Stadium: Yankee Stadium
How Do I Watch the Yankees vs. the Guardians?
- TV Channel: YES
Yankees Stats & Trends
- The Yankees are 11th in baseball with 34 total home runs.
- New York has the fifth-worst batting average in MLB (.226).
- The Yankees’ .299 on-base percentage is the fifth-worst in MLB.
- New York strikes out 8.7 times per game to rank 16th in MLB.
- The Yankees average 1.4 homers per home game this season (23 total at home).
- New York is averaging 2.4 extra-base hits per game while slugging .387 in home contests.
- The team is batting .216 with 109 hits (6.8 per game) at home this season.
Yankees Key Batters
- Gleyber Torres has three doubles, a triple, four home runs and 17 walks while batting .245. He has an on-base percentage of .357 and a slugging percentage of .426.
- Among qualifying hitters in MLB, his batting average ranks 103rd, his on-base percentage ranks 59th, and he is 87th in slugging.
- Aaron Judge leads New York in total hits (24) this season while batting .261 with 11 extra-base hits. He’s slugging .511 with an on-base percentage of .358.
- He is 74th in batting average, 56th in on-base percentage and 37th in slugging in the majors.
- Anthony Rizzo is slashing .282/.370/.476 this season and leads the Yankees with an OPS of .845.
- DJ LeMahieu is batting .250 with a .323 OBP and 11 RBI for New York this season.
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians’ 17 home runs rank 29th in MLB this season.
- Cleveland’s .232 batting average ranks 23rd in the majors this season.
- The Guardians have the 21st-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.311).
- Cleveland is one of the best teams in baseball at making contact this season, ranking third with an average of 7.5 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 13 homers, an average of 0.8 per game, in 16 road contests this season.
- Cleveland has a team slugging percentage of .368 in away games this season with 42 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 8.4 base hits per game and batting .241 on the road this season.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez has accumulated 30 hits with a .392 on-base percentage, leading the Guardians in both categories. He’s batting .280 and slugging .467.
- Including all qualified hitters, he ranks 53rd in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 22nd and he is 56th in slugging.
- Steven Kwan is slugging .333 to lead his team. He has a batting average of .279 with an on-base percentage of .379.
- His batting average ranks 54th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 34th, and he is 155th in slugging.
- Andres Gimenez is hitting .253 with seven doubles, two home runs and eight walks.
- Josh Bell has nine doubles, three home runs and 16 walks while hitting .206.
Yankees vs. Guardians Probable Pitchers
|Domingo Germán (NYY)||Pitcher||Cal Quantrill (CLE)|
|2 – 2||W/L||1 – 2|
Yankees vs. Guardians Injury Updates
- Yankees: Josh Donaldson: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Giancarlo Stanton: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Ben Rortvedt: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Harrison Bader: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Jonathan Loaisiga: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Carlos Rodón: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Luis Severino: 15 Day IL (Lat), Lou Trivino: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Luis Gil: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Frankie Montás: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Scott Effross: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tommy Kahnle: 60 Day IL (Biceps), Jake Bauers: day-to-day (Knee), Aaron Judge: day-to-day (Hip)
- Guardians: Aaron Civale: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Sam Hentges: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Triston McKenzie: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Cody Morris: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)