Table of Contents
The San Diego Padres (15-14) and the Cincinnati Reds (12-16) square off on Monday at 9:40 PM ET. The Padres are moneyline favorites (-232) against the underdog Reds (+192). San Diego’s Blake Snell starts against Cincinnati’s Luke Weaver.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Padres vs. Reds
- Game Day: Monday, May 1, 2023
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: San Diego, California
- Stadium: PETCO Park
How Do I Watch the Padres vs. the Reds?
- TV Channel: BSSD
Padres Stats & Trends
- The Padres are 10th-best in baseball with 35 total home runs.
- San Diego is 25th in MLB with a .227 batting average.
- The Padres rank 20th in MLB with a .313 on-base percentage.
- San Diego strikes out 9.0 times per game, the No. 20 average in baseball.
- The Padres average 1.5 homers per home game this season (22 total at home).
- San Diego is averaging 3.5 extra-base hits per game while slugging .443 in home contests.
- At home this season the club averages 7.9 hits per game and is batting .244.
Padres Key Batters
- Xander Bogaerts leads San Diego with 33 hits and an OBP of .400, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .514. He’s batting .308.
- Among all qualifying batters in baseball, he ranks 18th in batting average, 14th in on-base percentage, and 36th in slugging.
- Bogaerts hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .211 with a home run, three walks and an RBI.
- Juan Soto is batting .202 with three doubles, five home runs and 30 walks, while slugging .384 with an on-base percentage of .388.
- His batting average ranks 168th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 25th, and his slugging percentage 116th.
- Soto heads into this matchup looking to extend his three-game hit streak. In his last five games he is batting .222 with a home run, six walks and two RBI.
- Jake Cronenworth has 22 hits this season and has a slash line of .220/.298/.430.
- Cronenworth heads into this game with two games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is batting .182 with a double, a triple, a walk and three RBI.
- Manny Machado has four home runs, 11 RBI and a batting average of .236 this season.
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds rank 28th in Major League Baseball with just 19 home runs as a team.
- Cincinnati’s .249 batting average ranks 14th in the majors this season.
- The Reds have an on-base percentage of .330 this season, which ranks 11th in the league.
- Cincinnati ranks 20th with an average of 9.3 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 0.4 home runs per game in their 13 road contests this season.
- In 13 road games this season, it is slugging .333 with 28 hits going for extra bases.
- In 13 road games this season, they have a batting average of .244 while averaging 8.3 base hits per contest.
Reds Key Batters
- Jonathan India has put up a team-best OBP (.393) and slugging percentage (.396). He’s batting .287.
- He ranks 42nd in batting average, 20th in on-base percentage and 107th in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters in the big leagues.
- India takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .263 with three walks and three RBI.
- Jake Fraley is batting .234 with four doubles, two home runs and 13 walks. He’s slugging .364 with an on-base percentage of .348.
- He ranks 127th in batting average, 74th in on-base percentage and 131st in slugging percentage in the majors.
- TJ Friedl is leading the Reds with 28 hits.
- Spencer Steer has six doubles, a triple, two home runs and 10 walks while batting .253.
Padres vs. Reds Probable Pitchers
|Blake Snell (SD)||Pitcher||Luke Weaver (CIN)|
|0 – 4||W/L||0 – 1|
Padres vs. Reds Injury Updates
- Padres: David Dahl: 10 Day IL (Quadricep), Luis Campusano: 10 Day IL (Thumb sprain), Adam Engel: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Nabil Crismatt: 15 Day IL (Hip strain), Drew Pomeranz: 15 Day IL (Elbow/flexor), José Castillo: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Robert Suarez: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Adrian Morejon: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Eguy Rosario: 60 Day IL (Ankle)
- Reds: Wil Myers: 10 Day IL (Undisclosed), Joey Votto: 10 Day IL (Bicep/shoulder), Fernando Cruz: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Connor Overton: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Tony Santillan: 60 Day IL (Back), Vladimir Gutierrez: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tejay Antone: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Justin Dunn: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)