Table of Contents
The Boston Red Sox (15-14) will look to Masataka Yoshida, who is currently on a 10-game hitting streak, when they square off against the Toronto Blue Jays (18-10). The Blue Jays are moneyline favorites (-149) in this contest with the Red Sox (+127), which begins at 7:10 PM ET on Monday at Fenway Park. Jose Berrios gets the starting nod for Toronto, and Corey Kluber is Boston’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Blue Jays vs. Red Sox
- Game Day: Monday, May 1, 2023
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Stadium: Fenway Park
How Do I Watch the Blue Jays vs. the Red Sox?
- TV Channel: NESN
Blue Jays Stats & Trends
Blue Jays Batting
- The Blue Jays rank 17th in MLB play with 31 total home runs.
- Toronto ranks seventh in the majors with a .258 batting average.
- The Blue Jays are eighth in baseball with a .333 on-base percentage.
- Toronto’s hitters strike out 8.0 times per game, the sixth-fewest strikeouts in baseball.
- The Blue Jays have hit 19 home runs away from home this season (1.2 per game).
- Toronto is slugging .410 with 3.0 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- Away from home this season the club averages 9.0 hits per game and is batting .255.
Blue Jays Key Batters
- Matt Chapman leads Toronto with 38 hits and an OBP of .470, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .687. He’s batting .384.
- Among the qualifying hitters in MLB, his batting average ranks second, his on-base percentage ranks second, and he is first in slugging.
- Chapman has recorded at least one hit in seven straight games. In his last 10 games he is hitting .324 with six doubles, eight walks and four RBI.
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. is hitting .309 with five doubles, five home runs and 13 walks. He’s slugging .491 with an on-base percentage of .394.
- Among qualified hitters, his batting average ranks him 17th, his on-base percentage 18th, and his slugging percentage 44th.
- Bo Bichette leads Toronto in slugging percentage (.508) powered by 11 extra-base hits.
- George Springer has three home runs, 10 RBI and a batting average of .225 this season.
Red Sox Stats & Trends
Red Sox Batting
- The Red Sox rank eighth in Major League Baseball with 37 home runs.
- Boston’s .258 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking seventh in MLB.
- The Red Sox are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking seventh with an OBP of .334.
- Boston is one of the best teams in baseball at making contact this season, ranking ninth with an average of 7.8 strikeouts per game.
- In 16 games at home this season, they’ve hit 18 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- In 16 home games this season, it is slugging .447 with 59 hits going for extra bases.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .273 with 9.5 base hits per contest.
Red Sox Key Batters
- Rafael Devers leads the Red Sox with 26 hits. He’s batting .232 and slugging .563 with an on-base percentage of .296.
- He ranks 133rd in batting average, 143rd in on-base percentage and 15th in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters in the big leagues.
- Alex Verdugo is slugging .479 to pace his team. He has a batting average of .308 with an on-base percentage of .372.
- His batting average ranks 18th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 40th, and he is 47th in slugging.
- Yoshida a has .373 on-base percentage to pace the Red Sox.
- Justin Turner is batting .259 with five doubles, two home runs and 14 walks.
Blue Jays vs. Red Sox Probable Pitchers
|José Berríos (TOR)||Pitcher||Corey Kluber (BOS)|
|2 – 3||W/L||1 – 4|
Blue Jays vs. Red Sox Injury Updates
- Blue Jays: Adam Cimber: 15 Day IL (Rhomboid), Mitchell White: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Chad Green: 60 Day IL (Undisclosed), Hyun-Jin Ryu: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Red Sox: Yu Chang: 10 Day IL (Hand), Adam Duvall: 10 Day IL (Wrist), Garrett Whitlock: 15 Day IL (Elbow), James Paxton: 15 Day IL (Hamstring), Joely Rodriguez: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Zack Kelly: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Wyatt Mills: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Trevor Story: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Adalberto Mondesi: 60 Day IL (Knee), Kenley Jansen: day-to-day (Back), Kiké Hernández: day-to-day (Ankle)