Table of Contents
The Chicago Cubs (19-24) take on the Philadelphia Phillies (20-23) after Seiya Suzuki homered twice in a 7-6 loss to the Astros. The Phillies are favored (-135) in this matchup with the Cubs (+115), which starts at 7:05 PM ET on Friday. Philadelphia’s Ranger Suarez starts against Chicago’s Marcus Stroman.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Phillies vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Friday, May 19, 2023
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Citizens Bank Park
How Do I Watch the Phillies vs. the Cubs?
- TV Channel: NBCS-PH
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies average 1.0 home run per game to rank 20th in MLB play with 45 total home runs.
- Philadelphia’s .261 batting average is seventh-best in the majors.
- The Phillies’ .322 on-base percentage ranks 14th in baseball.
- Philadelphia strikes out 9.1 times per game to rank 21st in MLB.
- The Phillies average 1.2 homers per game when playing at home this season (21 total in home contests).
- Philadelphia has a .429 slugging percentage and is averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club is batting .267 with 161 hits (8.9 per game) at home this season.
Phillies Key Batters
- Alec Bohm has eight doubles, five home runs and 14 walks while hitting .272. He has an on-base percentage of .335 and a slugging percentage of .418.
- Among the qualified hitters in the majors, his batting average ranks 63rd, his on-base percentage ranks 83rd, and he is 93rd in slugging.
- Nicholas Castellanos has an OPS of .826, fueled by an OBP of .350 and a team-best slugging percentage of .476 this season. He’s batting .304.
- Among all qualifying players, he is 17th in batting average, 59th in on-base percentage and 54th in slugging percentage.
- Castellanos has picked up a hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is batting .238 with a walk and an RBI.
- Brandon Marsh leads Philadelphia with 34 hits and an OBP of .400 this season.
- J.T. Realmuto is batting .304 with a .331 OBP and 17 RBI for Philadelphia this season.
- Realmuto takes a 10-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .400 with six doubles, a triple, three walks and seven RBI.
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs have hit 54 homers this season, which ranks 11th in the league.
- Chicago ranks fourth in MLB with a .266 team batting average.
- The Cubs are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking third with an OBP of .340.
- Chicago ranks 19th in strikeouts per game (9.0) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 28 homers, an average of 1.3 per game, in 21 road contests this season.
- Chicago has a team slugging percentage of .449 in away games this season with 71 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 9.6 base hits per game and batting .272 on the road this season.
Cubs Key Batters
- Cody Bellinger has nine doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 14 walks while hitting .271. He’s slugging .493 with an on-base percentage of .337.
- Including all qualified hitters, he is 65th in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 78th and he is 43rd in slugging.
- Ian Happ paces his team with a .422 on-base percentage, and has a club-high .467 slugging percentage. He has a batting average of .303.
- Including all qualifying hitters, he ranks 19th in batting average, fifth in on-base percentage and 58th in slugging percentage.
- Dansby Swanson has 11 doubles, a triple, three home runs and 26 walks while hitting .269.
- Patrick Wisdom’s 31 hits lead his team.
Phillies vs. Cubs Probable Pitchers
|Ranger Suárez (PHI)||Pitcher||Marcus Stroman (CHC)|
|0 – 0||W/L||2 – 4|
Phillies vs. Cubs Injury Updates
- Phillies: Cristian Pache: 10 Day IL (Knee), Darick Hall: 10 Day IL (Thumb), José Alvarado: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Noah Song: 15 Day IL (Back), Rafael Marchan: 60 Day IL (Hand), Rhys Hoskins: 60 Day IL (Acl)
- Cubs: Nico Hoerner: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Brad Boxberger: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Kyle Hendricks: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Adrian Sampson: 60 Day IL (Right meniscus), Ethan Roberts: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Codi Heuer: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Cody Bellinger: day-to-day (Knee)