Table of Contents
The Chicago White Sox (23-35) will look to Eloy Jimenez, who is riding a 12-game hitting streak, when they face the Detroit Tigers (26-28). The White Sox are favored (-161) for this matchup with the Tigers (+136), which starts at 8:10 PM ET on Friday at Guaranteed Rate Field. Jesse Scholtens starts for Chicago while Detroit will counter with Reese Olson.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for White Sox vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Friday, June 2, 2023
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Guaranteed Rate Field
How Do I Watch the White Sox vs. the Tigers?
- TV Channel: NBCS-CHI
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox average 1.0 home run per game to rank 19th in MLB action with 60 total home runs.
- Chicago has the 21st-ranked batting average in MLB (.242).
- The White Sox are 29th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .298.
- Chicago strikes out 8.3 times per game, the No. 13 mark in baseball.
- The White Sox have hit 31 home runs at home this season (1.1 per game).
- Chicago is slugging .419 with 3.0 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the team averages 8.8 hits per game and is batting .260.
White Sox Key Batters
- Andrew Vaughn leads Chicago with an OBP of .333, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .443. He’s batting .255 on the season.
- He ranks 86th in batting average, 84th in on-base percentage, and 75th in slugging among all qualifying hitters in MLB.
- Vaughn will look for his seventh straight game with a hit in this contest. In his last 10 games he is batting .351 with four doubles, two home runs, two walks and eight RBI.
- Luis Robert leads Chicago with 54 hits and a team-best slugging percentage of .519. He’s batting .260 with an on-base percentage of .313.
- He ranks 78th in batting average, 121st in on-base percentage and 20th in slugging in the majors.
- Robert heads into this game looking to extend his two-game hit streak. In his last five games he is hitting .190 with two doubles, a walk and an RBI.
- Andrew Benintendi has an OPS of .677, fueled by an OBP of .326 and a team-best slugging percentage of .351 this season.
- Jake Burger has been key for Chicago with 34 hits, an OBP of .314 plus a slugging percentage of .603.
- Burger has safely hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .357 with a home run and an RBI.
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers rank 27th in Major League Baseball with just 46 home runs as a team.
- Detroit has a team batting average of just .230 this season, which ranks 26th among MLB teams.
- The Tigers have the 25th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.306).
- Detroit ranks 11th in strikeouts per game (8.9) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 0.9 home runs per game in their 27 road contests this season.
- Detroit has a team slugging percentage of .344 in away games this season with 65 extra-base hits.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .224 with 7.8 base hits per contest.
Tigers Key Batters
- Zach McKinstry is batting .288 with seven doubles, four home runs and 24 walks. He’s slugging .432 with an on-base percentage of .400.
- Spencer Torkelson has 13 doubles, four home runs and 22 walks while batting .237. He’s slugging .364 with an on-base percentage of .319.
- He is currently 121st in batting average, 111th in on-base percentage and 135th in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters.
- Javier Baez is batting .225 with eight doubles, three home runs and nine walks.
- Akil Baddoo is batting .262 with seven doubles, three home runs and 20 walks.
White Sox vs. Tigers Probable Pitchers
|Jesse Scholtens (CHW)||Pitcher||Reese Olson (DET)|
|0 – 2||W/L||0 – 0|
White Sox vs. Tigers Injury Updates
- White Sox: Elvis Andrus: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Billy Hamilton: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Mike Clevinger: 15 Day IL (Wrist), Jimmy Lambert: 15 Day IL (Ankle), Matt Foster: 60 Day IL (Forearm)
- Tigers: Eduardo Rodríguez: 10 Day IL (Finger), Matt Vierling: 10 Day IL (Back), Kerry Carpenter: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Riley Greene: 10 Day IL (Left fibula), Spencer Turnbull: 15 Day IL (Neck), Trey Wingenter: 60 Day IL (Biceps), Matt Manning: 60 Day IL (Foot), Austin Meadows: 60 Day IL (Anxiety), Beau Brieske: 60 Day IL (Arm), Casey Mize: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tarik Skubal: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Freddy Pacheco: 60 Day IL (Elbow)