Table of Contents
The Minnesota Twins (30-27) host the Cleveland Guardians (25-31) on Friday at 8:10 PM ET. The Twins are favored (-132) against the underdog Guardians (+111). Minnesota’s Bailey Ober and Cleveland’s Aaron Civale will start this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Twins vs. Guardians
- Game Day: Friday, June 2, 2023
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: Target Field
How Do I Watch the Twins vs. the Guardians?
- TV Channel: Apple TV+
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins are sixth in MLB play with 76 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- Minnesota has the 23rd-ranked batting average in the majors (.233).
- The Twins are 20th in baseball with a .316 on-base percentage.
- Minnesota strikes out 10.2 times per game, the worst average in the majors.
- The Twins have hit 42 home runs at home this season (1.4 per game).
- Minnesota has a .441 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.4 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team averages 8.2 hits per game and is batting .247 at home this season.
Twins Key Batters
- Byron Buxton leads Minnesota with 40 hits and an OBP of .325, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .445. He’s batting .220.
- He ranks 142nd in batting average, 98th in on-base percentage, and 74th in slugging among qualifying hitters in MLB.
- Carlos Correa has 11 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 25 walks. He’s batting .207 and slugging .372 with an on-base percentage of .299.
- Among qualifying batters, he ranks 153rd in batting average, 141st in on-base percentage and 128th in slugging percentage.
- Joey Gallo is batting .181 with a .471 slugging percentage and 23 RBI this year.
- Max Kepler has been key for Minnesota with 23 hits, an OBP of .275 plus a slugging percentage of .397.
- Kepler enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .111 with an RBI.
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians have hit just 33 homers this season, which ranks last in the league.
- Cleveland has a team batting average of .232 this season, which ranks 24th among MLB teams.
- The Guardians have an OBP of just .301 this season, which ranks 27th in MLB.
- Cleveland ranks second in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 7.1 Ks per contest.
- They’ve hit 21 homers, an average of 0.7 per game, in 29 road contests this season.
- Cleveland is slugging .360 in 29 road games this season.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .241 with 8.4 base hits per contest.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez has accumulated a team-best OBP (.346), while leading the Guardians in hits (57). He’s batting .277 and slugging.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the majors, his batting average is 46th, his on-base percentage ranks 55th, and he is 58th in slugging.
- Ramirez heads into this game on a seven-game hitting streak. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .267 with four doubles, a triple and five RBI.
- Steven Kwan leads his team with a .342 slugging percentage. He has a batting average of .261 with an on-base percentage of .343.
- Including all qualified hitters, his batting average puts him 77th, his on-base percentage ranks 63rd, and he is 153rd in slugging.
- Josh Naylor is batting .251 with eight doubles, eight home runs and 14 walks.
- Josh Bell has 11 doubles, four home runs and 30 walks while batting .225.
Twins vs. Guardians Probable Pitchers
|Bailey Ober (MIN)||Pitcher||Aaron Civale (CLE)|
|3 – 2||W/L||1 – 1|
Twins vs. Guardians Injury Updates
- Twins: Trevor Larnach: 10 Day IL (Pneumonia), Kenta Maeda: 15 Day IL (Tricep), Jorge Alcala: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Caleb Thielbar: 15 Day IL (Oblique strain), Tyler Mahle: 60 Day IL (Arm), Nick Gordon: 60 Day IL (Shin), Gilberto Celestino: 60 Day IL (Thumb), Chris Paddack: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Carlos Correa: day-to-day (Foot), Byron Buxton: day-to-day (Ribs), Max Kepler: day-to-day (Migraine)
- Guardians: Aaron Civale: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Peyton Battenfield: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Triston McKenzie: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Cody Morris: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Cal Quantrill: day-to-day (Shoulder), Josh Naylor: day-to-day (Wrist)