Table of Contents
Kerry Carpenter takes a two-game home run streak into the Detroit Tigers’ (31-40) matchup against the Kansas City Royals (19-53). The Tigers are the moneyline favorite (-146) in this contest with the Royals (+125), which begins at 6:40 PM ET on Tuesday at Comerica Park. Detroit’s Michael Lorenzen and Kansas City’s Daniel Lynch will start this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Tigers vs. Royals
- Game Day: Tuesday, June 20, 2023
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
How Do I Watch the Tigers vs. the Royals?
- TV Channel: BSDET
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers are fifth-worst in MLB action with 66 home runs.
- Detroit’s .229 batting average ranks 25th in the majors.
- The Tigers rank 27th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .302.
- Detroit strikes out 8.9 times per game, the No. 16 average in the majors.
- The Tigers average 1.1 homers per game when playing at home this season (36 total in home outings).
- Detroit is averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .397 in home contests.
- The club averages 8.4 hits per game and is batting .247 at home this season.
Tigers Key Batters
- Spencer Torkelson has 17 doubles, eight home runs and 30 walks while batting .231. He has an on-base percentage of .313 and a slugging percentage of .386.
- Among all qualifying hitters, he is 127th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 112th, and he is 123rd in slugging.
- Zach McKinstry has eight doubles, a triple, five home runs and 26 walks. He’s batting .247 and slugging .376 with an on-base percentage of .339.
- Among qualifying batters, his batting average ranks him 101st, his on-base percentage 66th, and his slugging percentage 127th.
- McKinstry heads into this game looking to extend his four-game hit streak. In his last five games he is hitting .222 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
- Javier Baez has hit five homers with a team-high .347 SLG this season.
- Matt Vierling is batting .262 with a .318 OBP and 19 RBI for Detroit this season.
Royals Stats & Trends
- The Royals’ 67 home runs rank 24th in Major League Baseball.
- Kansas City ranks 23rd in MLB with a .233 team batting average.
- The Royals have an OBP of just .297 this season, which ranks 29th in MLB.
- Kansas City ranks 19th in strikeouts per game (8.9) among MLB offenses.
- In 34 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 27 homers, an average of 0.8 per contest.
- Kansas City is slugging .355 in 34 road games this season.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .223 with 7.4 base hits per contest.
Royals Key Batters
- Bobby Witt Jr. has a slugging percentage of .434, a team-high for the Royals. He’s batting .248 with an on-base percentage of .289.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in MLB, his batting average puts him 98th, his on-base percentage is 148th, and he is 77th in slugging.
- Salvador Perez’s 68 hits lead his team. He has a batting average of .268 while slugging .488 with an on-base percentage of .303.
- His batting average is 57th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 127th, and he is 35th in slugging.
- Edward Olivares is batting .254 with 10 doubles, four triples, five home runs and 11 walks.
- MJ Melendez has 12 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 29 walks while batting .215.
Tigers vs. Royals Probable Pitchers
|Michael Lorenzen (DET)||Pitcher||Daniel Lynch (KC)|
|2 – 4||W/L||0 – 3|
Tigers vs. Royals Injury Updates
- Tigers: Eduardo Rodríguez: 10 Day IL (Finger), Akil Baddoo: 10 Day IL (Quadricep), Riley Greene: 10 Day IL (Fibula), Alex Faedo: 15 Day IL (Finger), Spencer Turnbull: 60 Day IL (Neck), Matt Manning: 60 Day IL (Foot), Trey Wingenter: 60 Day IL (Biceps), Austin Meadows: 60 Day IL (Anxiety), Beau Brieske: 60 Day IL (Arm), Casey Mize: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tarik Skubal: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Freddy Pacheco: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Matt Vierling: day-to-day (Back)
- Royals: Michael Massey: 10 Day IL (Hand), Kyle Isbel: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Brad Keller: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Josh Taylor: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Amir Garrett: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Josh Staumont: 15 Day IL (Neck), Ryan Yarbrough: 60 Day IL (Head), Kris Bubic: 60 Day IL (Flexor), Vinnie Pasquantino: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jake Brentz: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Angel Zerpa: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Diego Hernandez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)