Table of Contents
The Houston Astros (39-34) will try to stop a five-game losing streak when they host the New York Mets (34-38) on Tuesday at 8:10 PM ET. The Astros are favored (-145) to halt the streak against the Mets (+124). Houston’s Framber Valdez gets the start against New York’s Justin Verlander.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Astros vs. Mets
- Game Day: Tuesday, June 20, 2023
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Stadium: Minute Maid Park
How Do I Watch the Astros vs. the Mets?
- TV Channel: SportsNet SW
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros are 15th in baseball with 82 total home runs.
- Houston has the 17th-ranked batting average in the majors (.245).
- The Astros are 21st in baseball with an on-base percentage of .314.
- Houston’s batters strike out eight times per game, the eighth-fewest strikeouts in the majors.
- The Astros have hit 41 homers at home this season (1.1 per game).
- Houston has a .390 slugging percentage and is averaging 2.7 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team is batting .240 with 306 hits (7.8 per game) at home this season.
Astros Key Batters
- Kyle Tucker leads Houston with a slugging percentage of .445, fueled by 24 extra-base hits. He has a .281 batting average and an on-base percentage of .355.
- Among qualified hitters in the majors, he ranks 33rd in batting average, 38th in on-base percentage, and 65th in slugging.
- Alex Bregman has nine doubles, two triples, nine home runs and 39 walks. He’s batting .242 and slugging .386 with an on-base percentage of .339.
- Among qualified hitters, his batting average ranks him 108th, his on-base percentage 66th, and his slugging percentage 123rd.
- Bregman heads into this game looking to extend his two-game hit streak. In his last five games he is batting .222 with a double, a triple, three walks and an RBI.
- Jeremy Pena has 67 hits this season and has a slash line of .253/.307/.411.
- Mauricio Dubon has been key for Houston with 66 hits, an OBP of .314 plus a slugging percentage of .399.
- Dubon heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .188 with a double.
Mets Stats & Trends
- The Mets have hit 87 homers this season, which ranks 10th in the league.
- New York has a team batting average of .241 this season, which ranks 20th among MLB teams.
- The Mets have the 17th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.320).
- New York ranks fourth in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 7.7 Ks per contest.
- They have averaged 1.2 home runs per game in their 40 road contests this season.
- In 40 road games this season, it is slugging .404 with 113 hits going for extra bases.
- In 40 road games this season, they have a batting average of .249 while averaging 8.6 base hits per contest.
Mets Key Batters
- Pete Alonso leads the Mets with 54 hits. He’s batting .228 and slugging .536 with an on-base percentage of .322.
- Including all qualifying hitters, he ranks 133rd in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 98th and he is ninth in slugging.
- Francisco Lindor is batting .216 with 18 doubles, 14 home runs and 26 walks. He’s slugging .436 with an on-base percentage of .295.
- Including all qualified players, he is 143rd in batting average, 140th in on-base percentage and 76th in slugging percentage.
- Brandon Nimmo has put up a team-high OBP (.374) and slugging percentage (.432).
- Jeff McNeil is hitting .274 with eight doubles, a triple, three home runs and 24 walks.
Astros vs. Mets Probable Pitchers
|Framber Valdez (HOU)||Pitcher||Justin Verlander (NYM)|
|6 – 5||W/L||2 – 3|
Astros vs. Mets Injury Updates
- Astros: Yordan Alvarez: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Michael Brantley: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Jose Urquidy: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Luis Garcia: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Lance McCullers Jr.: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Mets: Edwin Uceta: 15 Day IL (Ankle), Tim Locastro: 60 Day IL (Back), Sam Coonrod: 60 Day IL (Lat), Bryce Montes de Oca: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Elieser Hernandez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Edwin Díaz: 60 Day IL (Knee), José Quintana: 60 Day IL (Rib), Francisco Álvarez: day-to-day (Hand)