Table of Contents
The Minnesota Twins (47-46) will try for a sweep of the Oakland Athletics (25-69) on Sunday at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum. The Twins lead 2-0, and are favored (-186) against the underdog Athletics (+156) in the matchup, which begins at 4:07 PM ET. Joe Ryan gets the starting nod for Minnesota, and JP Sears is Oakland’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Twins vs. Athletics
- Game Day: Sunday, July 16, 2023
- Game Time: 4:07 PM ET
- Location: Oakland, California
- Stadium: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum
How Do I Watch the Twins vs. the Athletics?
- TV Channel: NBCS-CA
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins average 1.3 home runs per game to rank eighth in baseball with 118 total home runs.
- Minnesota is 24th in MLB with a .233 batting average.
- The Twins’ .311 on-base percentage ranks 23rd in baseball.
- Minnesota’s 10.1 strikeouts per game are the most in MLB.
- The Twins average 1.2 homers per road game this season (54 total away from home).
- Minnesota is averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game while slugging .376 on the road.
- The team is batting .223 with 345 hits (7.7 per game) on the road this season.
Twins Key Batters
- Carlos Correa leads Minnesota OPS (.715) this season. He has a .233 batting average, an on-base percentage of .305, and a slugging percentage of .410.
- He ranks 120th in batting average, 120th in on-base percentage, and 94th in slugging among all qualified hitters in baseball.
- Correa will look for his third straight game with a hit in this contest. In his last five games he is hitting .350 with two doubles, a walk and two RBI.
- Byron Buxton has 54 hits, which ranks first among Minnesota batters this season. He’s batting .202 with 28 extra-base hits. He’s also slugging .423 with an on-base percentage of .293.
- Among qualifying batters, he ranks 148th in batting average, 139th in on-base percentage and 85th in slugging percentage.
- Donovan Solano has 63 hits this season and has a slash line of .283/.382/.426.
- Max Kepler is batting .209 with a .281 OBP and 30 RBI for Minnesota this season.
- Kepler brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .111 with three walks.
Athletics Stats & Trends
- The Athletics have hit 87 homers this season, which ranks 24th in the league.
- Oakland has a team batting average of just .222 this season, which ranks last among MLB teams.
- The Athletics have an on-base percentage of .300 this season, which ranks 26th in the league.
- Oakland ranks 28th in strikeouts per game (9.2) among MLB offenses.
- In 46 games at home this season, they’ve hit 36 homers, an average of 0.8 per contest.
- Oakland is slugging .336 in 46 home games this season.
- They are averaging 6.9 base hits per game and batting .212 as a team at home this season.
Athletics Key Batters
- Brent Rooker has 65 hits, a team-best for the Athletics. He’s batting .244 and slugging .477 with an on-base percentage of .340.
- Including all qualifying players, he ranks 109th in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 53rd and he is 37th in slugging.
- Ryan Noda’s .375 on-base percentage paces his team. He has a batting average of .225 while slugging .404.
- He is 131st in batting average, 15th in on-base percentage and 101st in slugging percentage in the majors.
- Tony Kemp is hitting .203 with seven doubles, two triples, three home runs and 25 walks.
- Jace Peterson has seven doubles, two triples, five home runs and 31 walks while hitting .212.
Twins vs. Athletics Probable Pitchers
|Joe Ryan (MIN)||Pitcher||JP Sears (OAK)|
|8 – 6||W/L||1 – 6|
Twins vs. Athletics Injury Updates
- Twins: Royce Lewis: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Jorge Polanco: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Jose Miranda: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Brock Stewart: 15 Day IL (Elbow), José De León: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Caleb Thielbar: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Tyler Mahle: 60 Day IL (Arm), Nick Gordon: 60 Day IL (Shin), Jorge Alcala: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Chris Paddack: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Athletics: Esteury Ruiz: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Carlos Pérez: 10 Day IL (Thumb), Kevin Smith: 10 Day IL (Back), Ramón Laureano: 10 Day IL (Hand), Manny Piña: 10 Day IL (Undisclosed), James Kaprielian: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Richard Lovelady: 15 Day IL (Undisclosed), Zach Jackson: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Dany Jimenez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Yacksel Ríos: 60 Day IL (Raynaud’s syndrome), Mason Miller: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Drew Rucinski: 60 Day IL (Illness), Paul Blackburn: day-to-day (Illness)