World Cup Picks for England vs. Iran
England and Iran go head to head at Khalifa International Stadium on Monday, November 21 in the opening match of the 2022 World Cup group phase (Group B). The game starts at 8:00 AM ET.
England is -278 to win this group-stage match, Iran is +970, and the draw is +355. Based on the moneyline, England has a 73.5% chance of winning this match.
The World Cup only comes around every four years, so there’s no time to waste. Get your friends and family together to start a World Cup pool here!
England vs. Iran Match Info
- Game Day: Monday, November 21, 2022
- Game Time: 8:00 AM ET
- Venue: Khalifa International Stadium
England Stats and Trends
- In the World Cup qualifying cycle, England tallied 39 goals in 10 games, and Iran gave up seven.
- England, in qualifying matches, outscored its opponents 39-3.
- England was eliminated by Croatia in the semifinals of the 2018 World Cup, 2-1.
- Harry Kane scored six goals in the tournament.
- Raheem Sterling also chipped in with one assist.
Put your picks to the test in our free World Cup pool and support a great cause while competing for cash prizes and a jersey signed by the USMNT!
Iran Stats and Trends
- Iran delivered 46 goals in 17 matches and England gave up three during World Cup qualifying play.
- In World Cup qualifying competition, Iran’s goal differential was +39.
- Iran was eliminated after the group stage at the 2018 World Cup after going 1-1-1.
- Karim Ansarifard’s competition statline included one goal.
England vs. Iran Players to Watch
- Kane was a major contributor in England’s World Cup qualifying campaign, scoring 12 goals (first in UEFA) and adding two assists.
- In eight World Cup qualifiers, Harry Maguire scored four times.
- During the qualifying campaign, Phil Foden picked up four assists (but did not score).
- Bukayo Saka scored three times and picked up one assist in World Cup qualifying for England.
- Playing for Iran, Sardar Azmoun accumulated 10 goals and four assists in the World Cup qualifying campaign.
- Iran’s last World Cup qualifying campaign included seven goals and five assists from Mehdi Taremi.
- In the last World Cup qualifying campaign (in which he played 12 matches), Ansarifard registered seven goals and four assists for Iran.
- Iran’s last World Cup qualifying cycle included Alireza Jahanbakhsh scoring five goals and tallying two assists over the course of 12 matches.
Chances to Win the World Cup
|Chance to Win the World Cup
Pick to Win England vs. Iran
The best pick to win is England.
|American Football Conference
|Kansas City Chiefs
|New England Patriots
|Las Vegas Raiders
|New York Jets
|Los Angeles Chargers
|National Football Conference
|New York Giants
|Los Angeles Rams
|San Francisco 49ers
|Green Bay Packers
|New Orlean Saints
|Tampa Bay Buccaneers